Are you good at influencing, inspiring and motivating people and driving execution?
Join us and become Head of SCADA SCS & Metering where you’ll be responsible for setting the direction and preparing the department strategy. The department is part of the SCADA area, also covering SCADA WTG, SCADA Communication, and SCADA Project Management. You’ll report to the head of SCADA and sit in the management team. The department, which consists of ten employees and four consultants, works globally and is responsible for the engineering of our Substation Control & Metering Systems, including interfaces to substations. The department engineers work on our projects through all stages, from development to handover to operation and maintenance.
Your key tasks will be to
- set the direction and work out the strategy for the department, including securing the department’s support for the global expansion
- provide simple and cost-efficient solutions built on a safe mindset; this includes developing an innovative culture and capabilities
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mindset for programmes and projects
- be involved in project reviews - budget, resources and technical solutions - including raising awareness of risks and proposing mitigations to ensure the success of projects
- maintain and develop concepts, toolboxes and knowledge, including lessons learned and best practice.
Furthermore, you’ll recruit and train employees and manage people development, including coaching and sparring.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have experience with leading engineers across geographical distances in a strong matrix organisation
- have a solid technical understanding of and relevant experience within the wind power industry, preferably coupled with experience with SCADA and automations systems, technical risk assessment and product quality
- have a passion for leadership and the development of talented engineers and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- thrive in an international environment, excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders, speak and write English fluently and are good at explaining complex matters in a simple way.
In addition, you’re able to build strong credibility through business insights and leadership. You’re robust, visible and skilled in change management. You have a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress. You’re dedicated to performing at a high level, and you’re able to motivate the team and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines. You have excellent insights into the planning of engineering tasks to be performed and the impact of changes, enabling you to guide the team. Furthermore, you reach out to our stakeholders and customers to ensure timely delivery with the right quality.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Karsten Andersen, Head of SCADA, by telephone on +45 9955 7633 if you’d like to know more about the position.
As many of our future projects may be located outside Europe, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.