Headquartered in Hilleroed, Denmark, FOSS is an international family-owned company providing analytical equipment that helps to improve production processes and product quality in food, agricultural and other industries.
We are currently looking for a data-driven, customer-focused, and energetic individual to join our team as Head of Product Management. Reporting to the VP for Global Support, you will be responsible for developing the product management discipline and set the direction for FOSS’s future digital and data-driven product management.
As Head of Product Management, your role is focused on leading the Product Management organization responsible for all technical aspects of our analytical solutions. The Product Management organization has the full overview of the product portfolio and - pipeline within each segment and understands the technical details of how the solutions adds value in the customer’s end-to-end process. Using our technical and industrial knowledge, the Product Management team supports our global Sales and Service Subsidiaries and collaborates closely with business stakeholders from R&D, Production, Marketing, Sales and Service to optimize the product lifecycle from conception to development, to launch, upgrades, revisions and more.
You will join a team of highly skilled and dedicated people and take the overall ownership for the entire product portfolio working hands-on with internal teams to develop winning products with optimized diagnostics and remote supportability. Your daily work place will be at the FOSS Innovation Centre, Hillerod, Denmark, with frequent domestic and overseas travels. You can expect an average of 20-30 travel days per year.
- To build, lead and grow a team consisting of 14 product managers and specialist with a background within chemometrics/food science/applied chemistry/spectroscopy etc.
- Further develop the Product Management strategy and roadmap and lead the transformation to data-driven Product Management
- Optimize the Product Management footprint in development through process optimization and clear deliverables to secure customer value and serviceability
- Ensure strong Product Management during product launches.
- Continuously develop tools and systems to ensure data-driven Product Management
- Ensure fact-based and timely communication to stakeholders to increase influence and drive product quality improvements
- Define metrics and monitor performance to ensure product success and go-to-market effectiveness
- Ensure that each product manager has deep insight in the customer’s processes and challenges, understands product features and applications and can translate this knowledge to commercial and technical decisions.
- Develop, track and communicate KPI’s and ROI for the Product Management function and product performance
The key to your success is your ability to manage and motivate your team. This includes ensuring the right competences for the future while taking the driver’s seat in building up structures and processes. With your strong Product Management understanding and ability to think strategically, you are able to navigate in a complex business.
- You hold an academic degree in Business, Economics or Engineering enabling you to analyze and access complex matters and develop informed business cases and product strategies that improves performance.
- You have minimum 7 years’ experience in Product Management or Project Management in a global environment.
- You have minimum 5 years’ people management experience and the ability to create a high performance team that follows your vision and creates tangible results for the business.
- You are able to navigate a large complex organization and establish strong relationships with stakeholders in R&D, Production, Marketing, Sales and Service and other departments to effectively deliver the products to the market.
- You "walk the talk" by having a positive outlook, demonstrating and communicating clear product ownership down the line in order to ensure the proper execution of the Product Management function.
- You enjoy making data-driven decisions and you are an excellent problem-solver with great presentation and communication skills.
Want to seize this great opportunity?
Send your application using the link "Ansøg". We evaluate applications on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact PA to SVP of Service, Jenni Nokelainen on JenniN@foss.dk. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link in the job ad.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder