In this position, you will make use of your commercial flair and expertise in procurement and manufacturing processes to secure optimal outsourcing. You will get to collaborate across borders, functions and levels and influence your own position when you set the direction and manage our contract manufacturing.
Welcome to GN Hearing – we make life sound better for millions of people
At GN Hearing, we develop innovative hearing solutions with great sound quality and excellent design to ensure that hearing aid users will be able to hear more, do more and be more than ever thought possible.
At our global HQ in Ballerup, you will be joining our Category Management team within our Global Procurement organization and report directly to the VP of Global Procurement. We are a professional and dedicated team located in Denmark, USA and China, and you will get an especially close working relationship with our Chinese colleague, cooperating about our contract manufacturer in China.
Take full ownership of our outsourcing strategy
The vast majority of our hearing aid devices are manufactured internally while the production of some electrical components and accessories is outsourced to contract manufacturer.
Taking responsibility for procuring the outsourcing category, you will define and execute our future outsourcing strategy – ensuring that we optimize our outsourcing possibilities. This entails managing our current supplier, but also exploring further outsourcing opportunities of product development and across our production.
This entails managing our current supplier, but also exploring further outsourcing opportunities of product development and across our production Identifying and onboarding the right future suppliers will be an essential part of the position.
Furthermore, you will:
- Negotiate supplier contracts, ensure optimal commercial terms and agreements and build long-term relationships with key suppliers
- Lead and execute sourcing projects (e.g. cost reduction initiatives and supplier consolidation projects) drive make/buy analysis and set up processes for outsourced design
- Develop cost models and ensure full cost transparency
- Participate in R&D projects and collaborate with Product Development to secure design optimization, early supplier involvement, single vs. dual source decisions and risk mitigation
- Collaborate with supplier quality and supply chain colleagues to secure a reliable high-quality supply across the supplier base
“This is a great opportunity for utilizing your procurement and manufacturer experience and gain an amazing network at the same time. This role is very independent and gives you the chance to set the direction for our outsourced manufacturing,“ says VP Global Procurement Peter Vuust.
Collaborate across the board and challenge the status quo
In this role, you will interact with internal and external stakeholders and you will be the link between Product Development and the contract manufacturer.
This entails collaboration across levels and functions – listening to and challenging both senior management and manufacturing professionals at the supplier as well as within GN Hearing. Doing so, you will translate needs into actions that transform how we make use of our outsourcing opportunities.
Solid manufacturing knowledge and outsourcing experience
As a person, you have the drive and urge to challenge the status quo and see results. You have excellent stakeholder management skills and professional authority combined with a diplomatic nature, so that you are able to build and maintain great relationships with international suppliers.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have solid experience with contract manufacturing and a thorough understanding of procurement and manufacturing processes, so you are able to make important decisions on outsourcing possibilities
- Are familiar with working in an international environment
- Have experience with sourcing of electronic components
- Hold a relevant master’s degree, perhaps in engineering or similar
- Speak English at a high level and can communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Are able to travel up to 40 days per year primarily to visit suppliers on-site
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 20. April 2021. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact VP Global Procurement Peter Vuust on +45 45 75 14 70.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.