About the position
NTNU is the foremost technical university in Norway and located in Trondheim. NTNU Nanolab is a 700 m2 cleanroom facility opened in 2009. It is a major part of NTNU´s strategic initiative for Nanoscience, Nanotechnology and Functional Materials - NTNU Nano. The Faculty of Natural Sciences is the facility’s host faculty.
NTNU NanoLab is an open-access cleanroom for both academia and industry, equipped for nano-structuring and characterisation by physical, chemical and biological methods. On average 250 users from different scientific fields use the facility every year. NTNU NanoLab is part of the Norwegian national infrastructure for micro- and nanofabrication (NorFab), the Nordic Nanolab Network (NNN) and the European cleanroom consortium EuroNanoLab. The permanent staff includes the director, eight service and process engineers and the head of laboratory.
The Head of Laboratory is a technical administrator who acts as the operational leader for the engineers of NTNU NanoLab. The engineers are the competence holders for the cleanroom and its instrumentation. We are a positive, international team and we enjoy good opportunities for both professional and personal development. NTNU NanoLab is a dynamic work environment with a flat hierarchy and every employee has a genuine impact on the operation of the infrastructure.
The position reports to the director.
The Head of Laboratory is responsible for managing the operation of NTNU’s cleanroom facilities and its supporting infrastructure. The position works closely together with and reports to the Director of NTNU NanoLab. Responsibilities include:
- Work management and coordination of a team of 22 engineers, PhD duty workers and student assistants
- Service management to ensure top quality service to all users of NTNU NanoLab
- Further development of administrative and infrastructure related routines, to ensure an efficient and safe work environment
- Development of price policy and coordination of invoicing routines with the finance department
- Contribute to development and implementation of the long-term investment plan
- Coordination of user training and cleanroom activities
- Communication with NTNU campus service and external vendors for service and maintenance of the infrastructure
- Promotion of NTNU NanoLab to increase the utilisation of the infrastructure
- Representation of NTNU NanoLab at national and international networking meetings
- Coordination of investments and major rebuilds of the cleanroom
- HSE coordinator and gas responsibility
- Master in a relevant technical field
- Relevant work experience
- Leadership experience or competence
- Project leader experience
- Good written and oral communication skills in both English and a Scandinavian language are required. Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language are expected to reach level 3 in NTNU’s Norwegian course within 3 years.
- Customer service experience
- Cleanroom experience
- Familiarity with relevant software such as LIMS, project management software
- Proficiency in a Scandinavian language
- Experience with ISO-certification
The successful candidate is thoroughly service minded and solution oriented. You wish to optimise and develop the cleanroom operation and service level.
You are self-driven and have excellent interpersonal skills. You have strong organisational skills and are structured, systematic and detail oriented. Personal suitability is of high importance for this position.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal suitability, as well as motivation, in terms of the qualification requirements specified in the advertisement.
- At NTNU you will have various and challenging tasks in an international research and development environment
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- Employee benefits
Trondheim offers great possibilities to enjoy nature, culture and family life (http://trondheim.com/). Norway, like other Scandinavian countries, has generous rules for both maternity and paternity leave. Professional daycare for children is easily available and there are great opportunities for education, including international schools. Having a population of 180 000, Trondheim is a small city by international standards, and thus has low crime rates, little pollution, and easy access to a beautiful countryside.
Salary and conditions
The appointment will be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. As a member of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund you are offered a good pension for life and good insurance schemes.
The position is a chief engineer position and is remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
A good work environment is characterised by diversity and we encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. Under the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Questions about the position can be directed to the NanoLab Director Peter Köllensperger, phone number +47 91370718, e-mail email@example.com
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number NV-134/18 when applying.
Application deadline: 2019-01-21
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.