Head of IT
As a Head of IT, your main mission will be to have the responsibility for delivering and maintaining a reliable, secure, and agile IT infrastructure that will meet the required business needs at optimal cost in a largely cloud-based IT infrastructure.
Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in engineering and design of offshore wind farms. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing more than 100 engineers in Denmark, UK, USA, Japan and Taiwan.
We are committed to take an active part in Designing the Global Energy Transition.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking for a hands on and proactive IT Consultant/Head of IT that can be part of our growth journey.
Areas of responsibility: As a Head of IT, your main mission will be to have the responsibility for delivering and maintaining a reliable, secure, and agile IT infrastructure that will meet the required business needs at optimal cost in a largely cloud-based IT infrastructure. The role will be also responsible for IT Security and IT Service Management which is supported by external IT service providers. Your main tasks and responsibilities will therefore be split between the three areas and will include the following:
Tasks related to IT infrastructure:
- Provide guidance to the management, development, optimisation of the IT infrastructure and operations.
- Maintain, support, and upgrade existing systems, cloud usage, license agreements and infrastructure-related applications in a cost-efficient manner.
- Work closely with our in-house engineering teams to ensure that our power computers are working in an optimal manner.
- Ensure all systems and responsible service areas are compliant with architecture, security, and internal & external audit requirements.
- Ensure a formal set of processes is in place by which the organization can identify various security concerns, gaps and remedial actions to ensure the security of the operations; Handle large (IT) security projects.
- Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues and decisions in the IT Security and Service Management.
Tasks related to IT Service Management:
- Accountable for day-to-day service operations and performance.
- Monitor, measure, report and review current performance of services and components in the enterprise IT environment and ensure IT capacity meets business needs.
- Manage the IT service provider responsible for Infrastructure operations and Service Management, incl. costs and performance (SLA).
Your background: You have around 3-5 years of experience from a similar position, where you have worked primarily with IT infrastructure. In addition to this, it is an advantage if you have some experience working with IT security.
Furthermore advantages if you:
- You have technical knowledge of IT including systems, applications and/or technologies. It is important that you have broad experience with Microsoft Azure.
- You have experience with IT architecture.
- You have some experience with management of IT organisations with responsibility for budget, service, and projects.
- You have experience with (IT) security projects, assessments, and audits.
- You have strong knowledge of IT service management processes and experience in delivering improvements to these processes.
- You have experience with vendor management and external service providers.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting and challenging assignments using intelligent tailormade state-of-the-art software, great benefits and bonus package, social and team activities as well as attractive office locations with friendly colleagues.
Apply: Please apply using the link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.