Department manager within Hydraulics and Injection Development
At MAN Energy Solutions, our sights are clearly set on taking on the big challenges of climate change. It’s what we call Moving Big Things To Zero.
We offer a portfolio of pioneering technologies that contribute to a carbon-neutral world: In the maritime sector, this means developing and providing the technology that will enable global shipping to be powered by bio-fuels and carbon-neutral fuels such as methanol and ammonia that have been derived from renewable energy sources.
As a direct consequence of our strategic goals, we are boosting and restructuring the hydraulics and fuel injection function area of R&D for marine two-stroke engines. If you want to help us moving big things to zero and make a real difference in the decarbonization of the shipping industry, the position of Head of Injection and Combustion Simulation at MAN Energy Solutions R&D may be the right place for you.
You will be responsible for the numerical modelling of all MAN two stroke hydraulics and fuel injection systems and the detailed CFD-based simulation of in-nozzle flow, spray, combustion and emission formation. For numerical work we have extensive computational resources on dedicated HPC clusters. You will be part of the management team that leads the development of MAN two-stroke hydraulics and fuel injection systems and the systems enabling our engines to run on new low-carbon fuels, like biofuel, methanol and ammonia.
We are looking for an expert in numerical modelling, who has the skill and motivation to lead a multi-disciplinary team of simulation specialists within the field of FEM, 0D/1D hydraulics simulation, fluid mechanics and CFD.
As Head of Injection and Combustion Simulation you will
- Manage and lead a group of approx. 10 highly skilled M.Sc. and Ph.D. level experts within the area of FEM analysis, hydraulic systems simulation and CFD
- Drive change in the organization towards simulation-based concept development and design of hydraulics and fuel injection systems
- Ensure that the simulation activity of the group creates value for the organization and makes a real difference for product development and the success of our organization
- Ensure that every member of the team thrives and develops professionally
- Facilitate, strengthen and co-ordinate co-operation with academia within the field of simulation
- Work primarily in our head office in Copenhagen, however, 10-20 travel days per year may occur.
In order to succeed in the job you:
- Have a M.Sc or Ph.D. degree in engineering, physics or applied mathematics
- Have an expert professional background in numerical simulation, preferably in one of the fields: Structural Analysis/FEM, Computations Fluid Dynamics/CFD or simulation of mechanical/hydraulic systems
- Have experience in leading projects or people
- See the value in developing people and organization
- Are a team player and good at both understanding the relevance of a task or problem in the context of an organization and a product
- Are curious to learn new things and open to new ideas
You will join the management team of the function area Hydraulics and Injection Development of two-stroke R&D. We are responsible of developing fuel injection/admission concepts, design prototype fuel equipment, and hydraulic components. We analyze structural and thermal loads on our components, we run simulations of both injection and combustion and conduct tests on both test rigs and real engines to validate new concepts and designs.
The working atmosphere is relaxed and all are committed to succeed as a team by being supportive and flexible. There is space for creativity and to play with new ideas.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarters in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. The marine two-stroke engine design is the de facto standard propulsion technology for large ocean-going commercial vessels, and the Copenhagen office is the centre of R&D and Engineering for two-stroke engines of the MAN B&W brand. Currently, MAN B&W two-stroke engines account for around 1% of the total energy consumption worldwide. Hence, we are a global player in our field and in the decarbonisation of global transport.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package, bonus scheme, and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 29th of January 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Stefan Mayer (+45 51541991). More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
World leading experts, creating unique two-stroke technologies for sustainable world trade
Skriv venligst i din ansøgning, at du har set jobbet hos Jobfinder