Department manager within Hydraulics and Injection Development
At MAN Energy Solutions, our sights are clearly set on taking on the big challenges of climate change. It’s what we call Moving Big Things To Zero.
We offer a portfolio of pioneering technologies that contribute to a carbon-neutral world: In the maritime sector, this means developing and providing the technology that will enable global shipping to be powered by bio-fuels and carbon-neutral fuels such as methanol and ammonia that have been derived from renewable energy sources.
As a direct consequence of our strategic goals, we are boosting and restructuring the hydraulics and fuel injection function area of R&D for marine two-stroke engines. If you want to help us moving big things to zero and make a real difference in the decarbonization of the shipping industry, the position of Head of Hydraulics and Fuel Injection Concepts at MAN Energy Solutions R&D may be the right place for you.
You will be responsible for the concept development of on-engine power hydraulics, exhaust valve actuation and fuel injection systems of all MAN two-stroke engines. You will lead the core team in the midst of a large number of departments that design, conduct testing and do the follow-up in service of MAN two-stroke engine hydraulics and fuel-injection systems.
We are looking for an Mechanical Engineer with experience from R&D, who has the skill and motivation to lead a multi-disciplinary team of experts in power hydraulics and hydraulic component design.
As Head of Hydraulics and Fuel Injection Concepts you will
- Manage and lead a group of approx. 10 highly skilled experts
- You will lead the ideation process, concept development, and prototype design and be responsible for the preparation of design manuals/guidelines, according to which final design of components and systems to production engines is made
- Ensure that every member of the team thrives and develops professionally
- Share knowledge and experience and hereby contribute significantly to the success of the development of new components and systems
- Work primarily in our head office in Copenhagen, however, 10-20 travel days per year may occur
In order to succeed in the job you:
- Have a M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering
- Have an thorough experience in marine engine design, preferably with expert knowledge of marine engine hydraulics and fuel injection systems
- Are good at building up and maintaining good and trustful professional relationships with many and diverse stakeholders
- Have experience in leading projects or people
- See the value in developing people and organization
- Are a team player and good at both understanding the relevance of a task or problem in the context of an organization and the final product
- Are curious to learn new things and open to new ideas
You will join the management team of the function area Hydraulics and Injection Development of two-stroke R&D. We are responsible of developing fuel injection/admission concepts, design prototype fuel equipment, and hydraulic components. We analyze structural and thermal loads on our components, we run simulations of both injection and combustion and conduct tests on both test rigs and real engines to validate new concepts and designs.
The working atmosphere is relaxed and all are committed to succeed as a team by being supportive and flexible. There is space for creativity and to play with new ideas.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarters in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. The marine two-stroke engine design is the de facto standard propulsion technology for large ocean-going commercial vessels, and the Copenhagen office is the centre of R&D and Engineering for two-stroke engines of the MAN B&W brand. Currently, MAN B&W two-stroke engines account for around 1% of the total energy consumption worldwide. Hence, we are a global player in our field and in the decarbonisation of global transport.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package, bonus scheme, and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 29th of January 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Stefan Mayer (+45 51541991). More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
World leading experts, creating unique two-stroke technologies for sustainable world trade
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder