Do you want to be part of the green energy transformation in our company, while ensuring a safe and sustainable operation of our wind farms globally?
Join us and become the new global Head of HSE Operations in Offshore Operations where you’ll be responsible for defining and implementing an ambitious strategy supporting existing QHSE business objectives. Your focus will be the existing fleet of wind turbines in Europe as well as the new markets in the US and Asia-Pacific, where all aspects of HSE need to be effectively managed in the full value chain, including safety in product design.
The QHSE department is a key central support function to the Offshore business unit in our Group, providing critical guidance and advice to the wider organisation on health and safety risk management, operational issues as well as various compliance matters to ensure that the business delivers top results in a competitive environment around the wind industry.
Your key tasks will be to
- define and drive the implementation of our corporate QHSE strategy and secure the delivery of key HSE performance targets towards reaching our Group’s ambition of world-class QHSE
- provide independent, professional and business-critical advice and guidance on all HSE issues to the senior management team in Operations, including heads of central support functions and regional directors
- develop and allocate back-office and sharp-end resources that deliver best practice QHSE solutions to the business across the full value chain of developing, constructing and operating our assets
- support and advise all business areas in developing and implementing solid business processes with a view to ensuring QHSE compliance and high performance.
Moreover, you’ll actively promote a high standard of quality, health, safety and environment in our Group with a natural drive and passion.
You have a proactive leadership profile with a ‘front-loading’ approach to activities, and you’ll embrace the concept of QHSE to be embedded in the business with the application of a risk-based approach as opposed to rigid procedures.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant degree in engineering or an equivalent level of education from the marine or oil and gas industry (a formal HSE degree is advantageous, but is not considered sufficient by itself)
- have extensive experience with HSE management in complex matrix organisations within the renewables business or a related trade at senior management level
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders while constantly pushing the necessary change agenda to meet your targets
- are a strong people manager and have the ability to lead a global team from a distance
- speak and write English fluently.
Further, you have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, preferably including some experience with internal project management (not required).
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 22 July 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Hasse Andreasen, Head of HSE Offshore, by telephone on +45 9955 6131 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work; both in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.