Head of Geotechnical Design & Installation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a team of 19 highly skilled engineers delivering engineering support related to design and installation of foundations for wind turbines and offshore substations.
Imagine a future where you’ll lead a world-class team to ensure high-quality geotechnical design and installation engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a team of 19 highly skilled engineers delivering engineering support related to design and installation of foundations for wind turbines and offshore substations. Furthermore, this team is heavily involved in various state-of-the-art and industry-leading R&D projects focusing on design optimisation, drivability risk mitigation, and innovative new foundation installation concepts.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of the management team of our fast-growing in-house Geotechnical Engineering department where you will lead colleagues working on a variety of projects in Europe, the US, and the APAC region, on R&D projects in collaboration with both internal and external parties, as well as on in-house software development. You’ll be part of a large and diverse team of more than 60 geotechnical engineers with more than 20 different nationalities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that your team is delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering and that the services are undertaken professionally and support our strategic targets to drive down the cost of electricity
- collaborating closely with the other managers and supporting the competence development and the standardisation of engineering, knowledge sharing, and processes
- being responsible for team building, coaching, and people development as well as for the planning, prioritisation, and delegation of new assignments and projects
- developing the short and long-term team strategies in line with the company goals and in collaboration with the lead specialists
- creating cross-organisational networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and inspire
- have experience leading a diverse and multi-locational engineering team
- have relevant experience in engineering related to the development and design of offshore wind farms
- have a relevant master’s degree or PhD, preferably from a geotechnical, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, on +447500953231 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.