Head of Geotechnical Assessment Europe/US
Imagine a future where you ensure high-quality engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects by coaching and motivating your employees
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for an international team delivering engineering support related to scoping, planning, execution, and data interpretation of geotechnical site investigations for offshore wind farms. Main tasks include day-to-day team management, recruitment, people development, resource allocation and alignment, and developing the team strategy.
Welcome to Geotechnical Site Assessment
You’ll be part of the management team of our large and diverse in-house GEO Engineering department of more than 100 geotechnical, geophysical, and geological engineers with 27 different nationalities. The team provides input to the wind farm layout, design, and installation of foundations for wind turbine generators and offshore substations as well as subsea cables. Furthermore, this team works on R&D projects and in-house tool development which are part of our drive for innovation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that your team is delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering and undertakes services in a professional way to support our strategic targets
- collaborating closely with the other team managers and supporting the competence development and standardisation of engineering, knowledge sharing, and processes
- being responsible for people recruitment and development and for planning, prioritising, and delegating new assignments and projects
- developing the team’s short and long-term strategies, in line with the organisation’s goals and in collaboration with technical specialists
- implementing best practice on project support tools, processes, and templates for our core tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have empathy and integrity as your core values and are passionate about people management
- know how to create a culture where people thrive and develop their talent
- have a relevant degree, preferably from a geotechnical, civil engineering, or another relevant discipline
- preferably have experience leading a diverse and multi-locational engineering team
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently to your business partners and to your team in both face-to-face and virtual environments
- are good at creating cross-organisational networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kris Wessel Andersen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99551071 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be expected to travel between Europe and the UK approx. once every month in relation to your work and occasionally to US.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via the "Apply" link and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.