MAN Diesel & Turbo in Frederikshavn is the center of competency of the MDT group for propeller design for marine propulsion purposes. We are looking for an outstanding technical leader to drive the growth of our engineering function consisting of 5 subdepartments: automation, SW development, blade design, mechanical engineering and calculation. The role plays a critical part in the success of our products maintaining our high standards in functionality and competitiveness. The ideal candidate combines a strong technical background with excellent leadership skills and commercial insight.
- Overall responsibility for engineering activities
- Secure that the current R&D activities are always prioritized in the relevant order and that the resource allocation is in line with this
- Establish and maintain an engineering/product development process across all functions of the department
- Infuse new knowledge about technologies, and the trade in general
- Insure that the correlation between price and quality meet the market’s demand
- Mentor and coach all engineering managers and encourage their personal development
- Drive ongoing growth and provide a strategic approach for the propeller business
- Monitor quality and thereby ensuring a seamless experience for our customers
- Travel activity must be expected
- Educated to degree level, MSc or Marine Engineer and preferably courses, education and/or proven track record in management
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Knowledge and technical understanding of hydrodynamics and SW development
- Effective negotiating, communication and influencing skills
- Able to equip people with the skills to do their job and achieve higher standards
- Analytical and systematic approach
- English orally and written
- A versatile and challenging job in a dynamic department with a large contact surface to stakeholders and partners at all levels, internally as well as externally
- Good personal and professional development opportunities
- Salary based on qualifications, health insurance, pension scheme and flexitime.
Location: Niels Juels Vej 15, 9900 Frederikshavn
For details about the position, please contact Head of Aftship & Propeller, Jan Zebitz on t. +45 96 20 43 69. Information about MAN Diesel & Turbo can be found on our homepage http://dieselturbo.man.eu/ On our homepage, you can learn about our history, products, core values and what it means to be employed at MAN Diesel & Turbo.
Please submit your application and CV electronically via our homepage (the link in the job advertisement) in either Danish or English. You are welcome to contact HR partner Marianne Koch Fischer on t. +45 96 20 40 68 if you have any inquiries about the job.
We look forward to receiving your application by 6. October 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9620 4369