We have a vacancy for a head engineer in the technical group at the department of physics. The position is primarily connected to laboratories that perform experimental work at one of six centres of excellence (CoE) at NTNU i.e. CoE QuSpin which aims to create a revolution in low power communication technology for an energy-efficient society (https://www.ntnu.edu/quspin).
The successful candidate will play a central role in running our existing laboratories (which offer XPS, UPS, IPES, LEED, STM and preparation such as sputtering, thermal deposition, etc.), as well as playing a central role in the construction and acceptance of a new Spin-PEEM and Spin-ARPES instrument.
In addition to the construction and operation of the instruments, the successful candidate is expected to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the lab and technical assistance to external projects.
The position reports to the technical manager.
- Construction and operation of scientific instruments connected to the laboratory.
- Day-to-day running of the laboratory i.e. scheduling student projects, training and assistance of students, health and safety training (HSE responsible), procurement of consumables, assisting in accounting for the labs, etc.
- Other job tasks across the department may also be necessary.
- Education at University level, MSc/PhD.
- Primary competence with surface science methods, especially photoemission-based methods.
- Good written and oral English. It is expected that Norwegian language skills are proactively learned within an adequate period after employment.
- Competence with UHV, pumping, fault finding.
- Experience with construction and development of surface science/photoemission equipment.
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Cooperation skills
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal suitability, as well as motivation, in terms of the qualification requirements specified in the advertisement.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of senior engineer code 1087 is normally remunerated at gross from NOK 464 800 – 565 500 before tax per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2 % is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Questions about the position can be directed to:
Technical Manager Dr Oddbjørn Eriksen, phone +47 7355 9201 / +47 9247 7943, email: email@example.com or head of the institute, professor Erik Wahlström, phone +47 7359 3640 / +47 4734 3567, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application electronically via the link "Ansøg" with your CV, diplomas and certificates. Applicants invited for interview must include certified copies of transcripts and reference letters. Please refer to the application number 14/19 when applying.
Application deadline: 25.02.19
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.