Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled specialists working in all phases of our offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Head of Energy Yield Assessment where you’ll manage a team of 11 employees and 1-2 short-term hires. The department is part of a large functional area delivering project management and engineering services to our offshore wind projects. You’ll join a dynamic management team consisting of four managers and two lead specialists, and you’ll be able to benefit from professional sparring with your experienced colleagues. The Energy Yield Assessment team delivers site wind assessments, turbine layout optimisation, yield estimate reports and supports both running business as well as M&A activities. Also, the team is conducting various investigative tasks and ad-hoc performance analysis.
Your key tasks will be to
- conduct line management and provide leadership for the department
- coach and support your employees to ensure delivery of tasks on time, within budget and in the right quality
- recruit and train people and manage people development to ensure provision of skilled and competent resources to projects and programmes
- ensure QA of work performed by department
- in cooperation with the leading specialists in the team and the department senior lead specialist, set the direction for and develop how we work with developing the EYA area of expertise
- drive the digitalisation agenda and identify opportunities to be harvested here.
In addition, you’ll optimise your organisation to be prepared for the future in an ever-changing environment. You’ll develop your employees’ skill sets and business acumen to perform efficiently and will ensure cross-organisational collaboration to enable innovation, improvements and co-creation of value with our customers to reduce cost of electricity and streamline our business.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree in the natural sciences field
- have knowledge of energy yield assessment and site wind assessments
- have experience with people management
- have a solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the wind power industry
- speak and write English fluently
- have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that impact business performance.
Your management experience enables you to provide structure, efficiency and quality in terms of your department’s processes and deliverables as part of complex technology projects. You have experience with working in a strong matrix organisation and you excel at engaging with and managing stakeholders. Preferably, you have experience from managing employees at a distance. You’re a skilled change agent and constantly looking to challenge the norms to boost performance and stakeholder management.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 12 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anders Thoft Marcussen, Head of Wind Farm, by telephone on +45 9955 5989 if you’d like to know more about the position.
The employees in the department are based in Gentofte and Skærbæk, and you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder