Head of Electrical Project Management for offshore electrical infrastructures
Do you have a proven track record as line manager for a project management department, and can you lead a highly skilled project management team?
Join us and become Head of Electrical Project Management where you’ll be overall responsible for a team of 42 skilled and dedicated electrical project managers.
The Electrical Project Management team is responsible for leading infrastructure projects from turbines to the grid connection. The area is united around strong project management skills and an ambition of always raising the bar to keep us competitive, reliable and delivering on time.
We have a strong track record delivering the world’s biggest offshore wind farm transmissions on time.
Join a leadership team with diverse backgrounds and a joint focus on reaching our goals together and ensuring customer satisfaction.
You’ll be leading a strong management team of two senior managers and one senior lead specialist. Furthermore, 2-4 OFTO transition managers will be reporting directly to you.
The Electrical Project Management Centres are situated in Copenhagen and London.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide visible leadership for the management team and the project managers
- coach and support your employees to ensure delivery of tasks on time, within budget and of the right quality – both in theory and when reality hits
- develop the management team and the services provided by the electrical project managers to excel in existing projects as well as preparing for future solutions in an international environment
- ensure quality assurance of work performed by the department
- keep stakeholders well informed and incorporate their inputs in your leadership.
Furthermore, you’ll motivate your team and drive the team’s and the overall department’s performance towards the overall company goals. You’ll maintain and develop concepts, tools, processes and knowledge, including lessons learned in best practice. You’llsupport the Head of Electrical Systems in driving strategic development activities, and you’ll plan and man future pipelines for projects.
Your competences include that you
- above all, are a leader who will actively lead and develop your team
- have proven experience as a successful line manager for project managers
- are not afraid to take on tasks and scopes developing future transmission systems and are motivated by the steep learning curve that follows
- have a master’s degree in engineering, economics, leadership or similar
- have significant project leadership experience yourself from a strong matrix organisation and have experience with large multidisciplinary CAPEX projects, preferably from the offshore industry.
In addition, you have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance. You’re a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re able to drive yourself and your team forward and to ensure cross-organisational collaboration to allow innovation and improvements. You manage change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better. As we operate in a highly international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently. Certification in project management at PMI or IPMA level is an advantage.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Søren Hindbo, Head of Electrical Systems, by telephone on +45 9955 7636 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.