Head of DieselHouse
Are you passionate about working with young people, teaching, dissemination of knowledge, and of course, fan of large machines and technology? If that is the case, you might be our future head of DieselHouse in Sydhavnen, Copenhagen.
What are you going to do?
As our new Head of DieselHouse, you will have many exciting tasks including:
- Continuously developing DieselHouse, the value proposition and exhibition
- Engage with internal and external partners to coordinate events, exhibitions and visitors
- Management of staff (including volunteers and DieselHouse Friends)
- Administration of DieselHouse regarding financial planning, salaries, procurement, digital marketing, safety, audits, communication, training etc.
- Arrange and coordinate visits from schools & universities
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- have some knowledge about big engines and technology in general.
- have a passion for teaching and dissemination of knowledge.
- enjoy working with young people.
- are familiar with modern communication including digital and online media.
- have some management and administrative experience.
- thrives working with and corporation with several external and internal stakeholders.
- are entrepreneurial, full of good ideas and strong in follow-up in implementation
How is your new team/area of business?
DieselHouse is an event house, where the exhibition is based on the original B&W museum. The house is located at the H.C. Ørsted Powerplant, situated only 10 minutes walk from MAN-ES at Teglholmen.(www.dieselhouse.dk)
Beside telling the history of the Company Burmeister & Wain it also tells the story of the evolution of the Diesel engine. And last but not least, it holds an engine floor with 5 still running/ in operation, Diesel engines: the first B&W engine sold from 1904, the first Holeby engine from 1910, a BurWain truck and bus engine, an engine from the Royal Yacht, and last but not least the enormous B&W 2000 from 1933, which at the time was twice as big as the second largest, and was the world largest Diesel engine for more than 30 years.
The house is currently open to the public Tuesday to Friday and every 1st and 3th Sunday of the month. It also serves as a place for education to numerus educational institutions eg, Young Technical Learning program with Municipality of Copenhagen and Danske Maritime (erhvervspraktik), all Marine Engineering institutions as well as all mechanical engineering classes visits DieselHouse, for a whole day. Where these institutions learn about the Diesel engines development, the modern Diesel engine technologies, as well as a guided tour in the production, PrimeServ academy and Research Center Copenhagen.
The strategic vision for DieselHouse is:
- To integrate with and take advantage of the local surroundings which increasingly are becoming a residential area, and by this showing to the local community how important the work and development of the MAN Energy Solutions is to the global environment.
- That DieselHouse act as a link between a proud history and a future with our technologies at the forefront in the global marine sector.
- Strengthen the relationships between MAN Energy Solutions and the educational institutions, to secure that we are known as an attractive employer for the coming generations.
- Bring young visitors to understand how they, by their choice of education, can influence technology to support a much more eco-friendly future.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 30th June 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Head of DieselHouse Lars Peter Olsen by phone on +45 40351145 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.