Are you passionate about data-driven operations and do you want to take part in driving the digital journey of operating a wind farm on existing and future technologies?
Join Offshore Operations and become our new Head of Diagnostics and be part of our journey for continuously pushing how effectively we can operate our asset by empowering the business with transparent data and analytics to support daily decision-making. Diagnostics is part of Fleet Management, which also covers the 24/7 Control and Monitoring Center and Technical Support, all focusing on daily operations, support and technical improvements to optimise the performance of our wind farms.
As Head of Diagnostics, you’re responsible for leading a highly specialised team (11 people) covering all aspects of Diagnostics: business logic on raw data, condition monitoring, technical analysis, turbine control and software, infrastructure and system knowledge on how to remote monitor, troubleshoot and control our turbines.
Your key tasks will be to
- lead and develop the team and ensure the core day-to-day operations
- drive a customer agenda to ensure products are developed using agile principles and high interaction
- continuously look for improvements and build a scalable and global Diagnostics team which supports our Control and Monitoring Center and assets across the EU, US and APAC
- ensure any new turbine technology and/or model is onboarded into the diagnostics products and capability structure
- drive and support end-to-end processes related to remote operations and condition monitoring products, including vibrations analytics
- take an active role in our digital delivery model (you’ll be Product Owner for one IT team).
To succeed in the role, you need to be strategic, strong in understanding the daily operating workflows across Operations and exceptional at customer/stakeholder management.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering or similar
- have solid experience from the wind industry
- have experience with leading specialists
- have commercial skills and the ability to link value to technical improvements to ensure right prioritisations
- have experience with leading and delivering through matrix structures.
You’re fluent in English and have good communication and people skills. You demonstrate and show an ability to work creatively with solutions to problems.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 2 December 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kenneth Klynge, Head of Fleet Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2948 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work (approx 30 days).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.