Head of Department for SS, AD & LV
Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for a Head of Department to lead the work of our expanding Secondary Structures, Advanced Dynamics and Low Voltage teams
Wood Thilsted is a purpose driven company, delivering engineering consultancy services to speed the global energy transition and to deliver well-being to our employees. We have been consistently successful attracting the most competent and experienced design specialists, passionate to work in the global wind industry. We operate globally, supporting projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of over 130, most based in UK or Denmark but also from offices in Taiwan, Japan and US with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, WT strives to optimize offshore wind farms to limit their carbon emissions through better and greener design. Through excellent engineering we provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects and support our clients with their decarbonization objectives. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for a Head of Department to lead the work of our expanding Secondary Structures, Advanced Dynamics and Low Voltage teams. This department sits within the Structures Division, and you will report to the Structures Director.
The primary work location will be one of or offices in Århus, Vejle, Copenhagen, London, Edinburgh or Bristol. However, given our teams, clients and projects are spread internationally across Northern Europe, North America and East Asia, you may expect some travelling in relation to your work, both nationally and internationally. In addition, there may be opportunities during your employment for long-term or short-term postings abroad.
Areas of responsibility: As a Head of Department within the Structures Division, you will work alongside and communicate with your counterpart in the Primary Steel, Loads and Corrosion department. Your main responsibilities will be:
- To develop short and long-term strategies aligned with the company goals for the department
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the strategy for the structures division
- Develop and maintain a high performing department that delivers quality work for our client in time, while preserving a sustainable work balance and motivation
- Plan human and technical resourcing in conjunction with your department’s Team Leads reporting directly to you
- Plan and implement adjustments to the department structure in line with evolving needs and continuing organic growth
- Provide technical leadership in your area of expertise
- Contribute to projects in a technical way, with input as checker or approver of technical documents, input into design review meetings
- Ensure good communication is maintained between your teams and the Wood Thilsted leadership
- To liaise with our clients on technical topics to coordinate and direct the work of others
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree or higher in structural or mechanical engineering and you have been in management roles before. You hold a solid experience within project execution and preferable offshore engineering design.
It is essential that you:
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong passion for leading and inspiring others.
- Can lead a multi-locational team of engineers
- Are fluent in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have experience of the following:
- Proven relevant experience as a designer for secondary structures
- Strong understanding of fabrication of offshore structures
- Recognized management & leadership course work or diplomas
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary and benefit packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Any questions: Please reach out to Angela Holst - International HR Business Partner at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply: Please apply using the link: http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time.