Have you designed UI for devices worthy of recognition?
Do you have a solid 5+ years’ experience with UI design for physical devices? Are you motivated by two days never being the same, balancing input from a range of stakeholders, while protecting the product intent? Do you thrive in a serious, trustful, yet relaxed environment where there is plenty of room for that funny remark that makes the day?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
Here at Jabra (GN Audio A/S), we invite you to join a team of 14 colleagues within the R&D department, where you will design the physical UI for audio and video electronics.
If the job was easy - it would not be for you, right? So, we have a few challenges lined up that may interest you:
- You will need to understand the drivers behind a design intent, and be on top of the technical constraints, in order to design the perfect UI for a product; whether it be a headset, a conference speaker, or a video device.
- A comfortable fit is crucial for a headset. Building on our heavy knowledge in this field, you will be responsible for the detailed design of cushions, eargels, and earbuds.
- You will familiarize yourself with our vast body of knowledge within the UI & comfort domain, enabling the intelligent re-use of this knowledge whenever possible.
- Using your excellent networking skills, you will balance the input and requirements from a range of stakeholders; including your colleagues from industrial design, mechanics, and other disciplines.
- You will validate early product builds and assess the viability of these builds from a range of relevant user perspectives. Following this, you will coordinate user tests (mostly in-house), in order to catch potential mistakes or sub-optimal design.
- Finally, this is R&D, meaning we are always on the edge of the impossible. It is essential you can handle the unexpected in a creative, thoughtful, and professional manner.
As a person, you are persistent and structured, never skipping a beat or missing a deadline. You easily keep an overview of the big picture, as well as the finer details, understanding why they are important and how everything ties together. Lastly, you can explain your reasoning, listen to challenges, and make a decision.
What’s in it for you?
- Joyful days with a fantastic team who have a good humor and a sharing spirit.
- The opportunity to learn how consumer electronic products are defined, designed, and manufactured by a C25 company’s R&D department.
- Join a work environment where there’s always room, and a need, for improving the ways we work.
- You will bring high expertise and experience that can lift the team professionally in some area(s).
- 5-10 years’ experience in UI and/or comfort design for consumer electronics, or other small devices without displays. Experience with digital UI is welcomed, but is not seen as relevant.
- Experience in writing requirements and device design specifications, with a quality high enough to make them useful downstream.
Would you like to apply, or know more?
- To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than October 24, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, and as such we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. Should you choose to do so, please motivate your application with a cover letter and a CV detailing relevant experiences.
- If you would like to learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Nikolaj Nøhr-Rasmussen (Director, User Experience) on +45 2224 8455.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.