Hardware developer for new position with electronics, optional PCB experience for medical device development
As our new electronics/PCB developer, you will join a greenfield project aimed at improving the lives of fellow
As our new electronics/PCB developer, you will join a greenfield project aimed at improving the lives of fellow humans, impaired by epileptic seizures.
You will design, develop and take a big part in implementing our new product from the ground up in a small device with several radios included.
The position is within R&D and you will join a small but growing development team, where we cover all bases from design to manufacturing of the product. This means you can expect to work across a broad range of challenges within the team.
The position as our hardware developer is crucial to the success of our small and growing team.
The team you join
Our project is greenfield development at the very edge of low power long term operation and radio communication. We work iteratively, learning and adjusting our process and designs as we learn and grow together.
The team is a small team of embedded software developers and electronics engineers. We have not tried creating a product together before, and thus we are just establishing our culture, working habits and processes. However, everyone is highly skilled and experienced, so there is ample room to learn and grow.
Within the areas of electronics design and PCB layout there certainly are challenges, which is where you would be able to strengthen the team.
The team is a small team of currently 3 embedded developers and 4 electronics engineers. The team is untested in working together although the skills and individual experience level is high.
A day on the job
As our electronic design focused developer, you will enter a mix of the following working areas:
- Plan and execute laboratory work, making sure the product is compliant
- Responsible for design and development to ensure a high-quality result
- Work with sourcing and selection of components
- Make circuit design, simulations, review etc.
- Develop processes for high quality electronics design
- Do basic programming to automate tests, provoke the system under test and so on.
- Take responsibility for compliance with standards (EN60601 and others)
- Document work according to EN13485
- Help the team complete other tasks
- If you have PCB layout experience, also perform layout of test PCBs, bread boards etc.
We are just introducing Agile principles to help the team grow and perform and automation where it makes sense for measurements. We are not set in our ways, and we are working with an ‘always improve’ and collaborative and caring mindset.
What do you bring to the position?
- Experience in laboratory verification testing
- Proven experience with electronics design, debugging, measurements and problem solving
- Experience with simulation of electronic circuits
- Enough programming knowledge to control embedded hardware and instruments (fx. Python and C)
- Low power, small form factor electronic design
- Experience with signal integrity and power integrity
- Experience with automating tests
- Experience with EN13485 and EN60601 and IPC standards
- Agile working principles, such as full stack feature slicing, collaboration
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Schematic and PCB layout experience with Altium Designer
You have personal skills which enables you to
- Engage with your colleagues in an open and collaborative manner
- Work across teams with different priorities in a flat and unstructured organisation
- “Go do” mindset – if you need it done, you just get started
- Add to our Agile journey
We are sure that should you apply to the position, we will meet an empathic, and well-grounded person with the skills needed to take on new challenges.
At UNEEG medical, we are looking for team members who thrive in an independent and ambitious work environment where curiosity, willingness to learn and a can-do attitude helping the team in reaching our common goals.
If the above sounds like a challenge you are up to, and you see yourself as an asset to a fast-growing company, please feel free to contact Embedded Systems Team Manager Kim Poulsen (Phone: 2214 5676) for more information. Please submit your application and CV via the "Ansøg" button, adding the title of this job add in the subject field.
We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis so please send your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
About UNEEG medical A/S
UNEEG medical A/S was founded in 2005 and is owned by T&W Medical A/S, former Widex Group. UNEEG medical A/S is an entrepreneurial and ambitious company, pioneering cognitive technologies that collect, monitor and analyse brain activity (EEG). The devices can be used for medical and diagnostic purposes within epilepsy and detect and alert diabetics of severe hypoglycaemia, hence aiming at improving patients’ quality of life. UNEEG medical A/S employs approximately 80 people and is facing an international market launch which requires a number of new functions and competencies. The office is located in Lynge but within the next 6 months we will relocate to a site nearby. Read more at www.uneeg.com.