Hardware Architect for next generation product platforms
Would you like to work with cutting-edge technology, low-power integrated circuit designs and the market’s most advanced digital hearing aids?
And can you understand and bridge different disciplines, working beyond your own area of expertise?
Then we offer you a job where we promise you will never be bored - where we not just work with new technology off the shelf but develop it from scratch. What is more, your colleagues will depend on you to integrate knowledge from our different teams when designing the ideal product platform architecture.
GN - we understand hearing
You will join our relatively newly formed Hardware Architecture team of 5 architects, located in the CTO organization at GN Hearing HQ in Ballerup, Denmark. We explore how new technologies can be implemented in our ReSound hearing aid products and platforms and set up development programs where we can develop these technologies. So, we help lead major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions that aid people with hearing challenges all over the world, every day.
Take part in the design of advanced hearing aids
As hardware architect, you participate in tasks related to product architecture and platform level decisions. You will primarily be active in the product concept and product line creation phases. Taking on equal amounts high-level architecture and development tasks, you:
- Maintain an overview of electronic parts (e.g. sensors, pwr. management, flash, etc.) of product architectures and platforms
- Keep the team informed of long-term technology developments within electronic engineering and assist in defining the next generation of product platforms in line with the GN Hearing strategy and technological opportunities
- Bridge knowledge from other teams by facilitating communication between subject matter experts
- Guide architecture efforts and proactively ensure that the architecture is followed - a project manager/lead will drive the product concept development from A to Z
- Involve all stakeholders, listen carefully to their input and include it in your analyses to recommend the ideal level of platforming for our future products
- Facilitate problem solutions across disciplines and departments
Background in electronic engineering
You are curious - interested in new technology and in learning new things every day and willing to accept a steep learning curve here at GN. You are open-minded, keen on making sure there are no borders between disciplines and eager to listen to and learn from colleagues outside your area of expertise.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a master’s degree in electronic engineering, physics or similar
- Have experience within the field of electronics and/or radio systems - and if you have experience with low-power electronics and/or, ideally, hearing aids and audio, it is a big advantage
- Can listen and communicate across disciplines and know when to make the right compromise
- Are an expert in one or several of these expertises: integrated circuits, 2.4GHz radio frequency, radio technology, communication protocols like BLE, rechargeable battery technology, signal integrity and low-power electronics
- Speak and write English effortlessly
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than November 11, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Andreas Tiefenau on +45 4575 1443.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.