Harbour Logistics Engineer to develop harbour facilities
Do you want to be part of the Offshore Logistics team and contribute to the design of an efficient, flexible and green harbour site for building our offshore windfarms?
Join us and become our new Harbour Logistics Engineer in Offshore Logistics & DPR, where you’ll be responsible for defining, developing and delivering our cross-package Offshore Construction Harbour Logistic solutions.
Offshore Operations & Logistics provides the logistical setup for transferring people and equipment during the construction phase of our offshore wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform search and feasibility studies for new and existing markets for installation harbours and construction base harbours
- develop harbour-functional scenarios and align with package requirements
- support the construction development management with harbour-related issues
- develop harbour design concepts and cost estimates
- provide support for final harbour selection.
You’ll develop detailed harbour design and detailed cost estimates and cooperate with Operations on the selection and recommendation of harbours. In addition, you’ll handle the technical requirements for tender processes and the technical input for negotiations covering reservation and lease agreements. Finally, you’ll drive standardisation within the development and procurement of Harbour Logistics solutions, and you’ll support data-driven decisions within concept development.
Your competences include that you
- have a degree in civil engineering such as Master Mariner, Naval Architect or an equivalent education with experience with harbour set-ups and/or offshore logistics solutions
- have moderate experience as specialist participating in technical projects, preferably with harbour modifications
- have knowledge and experience as the technical party of a procurement process
- preferably have knowledge with handling harbour authorities
- preferably have experience from the offshore wind industry.
Moreover, you have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, and you speak and write English fluently. You thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable harbour logistics setup of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dan Knudsen, Head of Offshore Logistics & DPR by telephone on +45 9955 2702 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder