Dirac is looking for an experienced, structured, and hands-on IT professional, to lead our DevOps and IT operations.
Dirac Research, one of Sweden’s emerging tech powerhouses, is a world-renowned audio technology company that is dedicated to inventing the future of sound across all product categories. The company’s market-leading digital audio optimization solutions have been adopted by some of the world’s most respected brands including Rolls Royce, Volvo, Polestar, BMW, BYD, Harman, Datasat, NAD, ASUS and OPPO. Dirac is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, with offices in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing as well as representatives in Japan, USA, Korea and Germany. Additionally, Dirac operates an R&D center in Copenhagen, Denmark. Undergoing an intense growth phase, the Dirac team consists of more than 80 people.
We are looking for an experienced, structured, and hands-on IT professional, to lead our DevOps and IT operations. You have concrete experience with Atlassian tools, such as Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence, from earlier IT positions with SW development organizations. Located in Uppsala or possibly Copenhagen, you will be part of a dedicated team, on a mission to enable superior sound experiences across content and devices, for everyone, through pioneering digital audio solutions. As a technology heavy organization, DevOps and IT are central in our efforts to seize the significant opportunities in the ongoing rapid growth of advanced, premium, and pervasive audio solutions.
You will take a very active and hands-on approach in implementation and maintenance of all Dirac IT systems, and work to make services available ubiquitously across Dirac functions and sites, including main R&D and customer operation sites in Sweden, Denmark, and China. You will be in charge of system and services monitoring, analysis, and documentation, as well as internal stakeholder communication on availability, maintenance, and use.
You will lead Dirac’s DevOps and IT operations, including planning, development and maintenance of needed infrastructure and services, to ensure high performance and high availability support for network, storage, office IT, backup, revision control, build, compute, test, release, and more.
The position includes management responsibility for the IT organization, currently one additional IT engineer.
You will be primary responsible for definition, planning and implementation of the general Dirac IT strategy and associated policies related to infrastructure, security, sourcing, etc. in close corporation with Dirac management and key stakeholders in e.g. R&D.
You have been part of the IT organization of a small or medium sized SW development company, where you have been actively involved in build-up and maintenance of DevOps and IT infrastructure. You have a proven ability to balance a very hands-on, can-do, and practical approach with a structured and strategic view.
Preferred candidates have:
- Significant and proven experience from earlier positions, supporting similar organizations in their DevOps and IT needs.
- Broad experience with DevOps on Linux and Windows, and relevant engineering and IT tools, specifically from Atlassian, and for a majority of the areas of collaboration and issue tracking (e.g. Jira and Confluence); revisioning control (e.g. Git, Bitbucket); code review (e.g. Gerrit); build (e.g. GCC, Clang, Visual Studio); automated testing (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo); debugging and profiling (e.g. Valgrind); continuous integration and releasing; virtualization; scripting.
- Experience with system administration on Linux and Windows, networks, storage solutions, and office IT.
- Strong drive, and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- A team-oriented attitude, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Experience from international companies and collaboration with colleagues located in other sites.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished IT professional to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team. We offer exciting challenges, great work environment and a chance to join a unique journey; to revolutionize the way the world hears.
The position is permanent, and to be filled as soon as possible. We will review applications, and perform assessment and interviews, continuously. For more information please contact VP, Head of R&D, Niels Mørch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.