Graduate Structural Engineer
Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Graduate Structural Engineer for Design of Fixed and Floating Offshore Wind Support Structures
Wood Thilsted is an engineering company specialising in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore wind farm developments in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently has 50 employees working from offices in Denmark, the UK, Taiwan and Japan with continued strong growth foreseen into 2020.
To our clients, we offer engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Areas of responsibility:
As a Graduate Structural Engineer, your main mission will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of foundations. In your role you will:
- Develop and deliver the design of primary steel structures for fixed and floating offshore wind turbine foundations.
- Contribute towards and develop your competence in primary steel structural design.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects.
- Use your programming skills and/or finite element capabilities to enhance current designs or build new models providing a state-of-the-art designed product to the client.
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses and recommendations and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk registers.
- Take part in, or be responsible for, the development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design.
The primary work location will be Vejle in Denmark. You may expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad are likely to occur.
You should hold a master's degree or higher in civil or mechanical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience as a professional structural engineer.
- Interest in design of primary steel structures for offshore structures.
- Knowledge of offshore design codes such as DNV-ST-0126, Norsok N-004, ISO 19902 and Eurocode 3
- Flair and interest of Matlab programming.
- Have experience with application of 2D and 3D FE for structural analysis.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments.
Please apply via the "Ansøg" link, where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.