We are looking for a new Global Support Specialist for the technical support of FOSS software. As a Global Support Specialist, you will join a global 2nd Line team of highly skilled hardware and software supporters located in Hillerød and Suzhou, China. Reporting to the Head of Global Segment Support, Product Management, you will be responsible for delivering technical support on FOSS software to our 1st Line team and customers around the world.
As a Global Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing expert-level support and troubleshooting for FOSS instrument software to our Sales and Service companies and distributors which is critical for maintaining our customer’s uptime. A significant part of the support we provide is training and it is part of your role to create and deliver training or e-Learnings to strengthen our 1st Line team.
In this role, you will work closely with colleagues throughout the organization, not just for support issues, but also as a key participant in bug-reporting, enhancements, software releases and distribution.
- Provide remote software & connectivity support/troubleshooting of FOSS software on Windows operating systems and FOSS embedded systems to the field service organization for FOSS’ instruments while ensuring software problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction meeting our desired service level.
- Efficiently troubleshoot and escalate to next support line, Development, or Quality, while setting the expectations, as needed.
- Create and maintain documentation for software (manuals, instructions, release notes, etc.)
- Plan and conduct classroom, online and e-learning service training on FOSS software platforms.
- Assist or drive team level improvement projects.
- Provide onsite customer and installation support, as needed.
Your location will be the FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød.
As part of the 2nd Line team, the key to your success is your ability to troubleshoot software and logically work through complex problems involving hardware, software, network connectivity, operating systems, databases and more. You will need to drive the investigations and proactively involve colleagues as necessary with minimal oversight. Further, we expect you to have:
- Relevant education in engineering such as computer science (network/server/DB management), electronics (PLC/FPGA, embedded SW), or similar.
- Three years of experience with a proven track record with technical support/troubleshooting of software, operating systems (Windows), computer networks or similar. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Able to learn quickly and methodically troubleshoot complex tasks and systems.
- Experience in conducting hands-on or classroom training and technical writing in English is a plus.
- Self-driven with good proactive communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and you work with a high degree of integrity – without losing sight of the customer.
- Ability to efficiently manage several cases and tasks simultaneously and still proactively drive towards the desired outcome.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken. Danish is not a prerequisite, but a Danish/EU work and residence permit is a must.
- Able to travel worldwide, as needed.
Joining FOSS is an opportunity to join a unique family-owned business who is a global market leader and on a mission for more sustainable use of the world’s food resources. Being first is one of our core values and thus we invest 10% of our revenue in new product innovation.
The job as a Global Support Specialist at FOSS is a challenging job that will provide you with a unique opportunity to work closely with a wide array of people inside and outside FOSS and quite literally across all continents. You will join a team of highly dedicated and professional product managers, product specialists and support specialists.
Send your application using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position you are welcome to contact the Head of Global Segment Support Joseph Vollmar firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.