Global QC Specialist (Analytical Methods)
Are you our new Global QC Specialist (Analytical Methods)?
We are expanding the Global QC team and are looking for a new dedicated colleague. The position is anchored in Global Operation with a close interaction in the QC functions, R&D, Process Management Group, Innovation and QA. Your position will impact the Global Operation QC organizations in Denmark, US, Germany, Czech Republic, France and Brazil. You will be placed in Avedøre, Denmark and will report to the Global QC Manager who is also placed in Avedøre, Denmark.
Your focus area will be analytical QC methods giving performance results of the products as a part of the QC release. Different analytical technics as continuous measurement of pH, volatile compounds by GC (VOC), Spectrophotometry, Flowcytometry and others are currently used. Experience in Microbiology would be beneficial. Assignments will vary in size, complexity and you will drive improvements, changes, introduction of new equipment and validation on the analytical QC methods in a global environment. You will also be managing and facilitating global analytical networks.
Expected travel days per year between 10-25 days.
Your primary responsibilities
- Drive and coordinate optimization projects (e.g. validation of methods, automation, improvement of sensibility and variability) on existing and new analytical methods across all QC laboratories
- Secure alignment of analytical methods and procedures across all QC laboratories
- Managing and facilitating global analytical QC networks
- Responsible for ring tests coordination, data evaluation and follow-up across all QC laboratories
- Ensure good communication and implementation of best practices across all QC laboratories
Your personal profile
- Master’s Degree or PhD Degree with three plus (3+) years of work experience in relevant scientific areas - Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or similar
- Strong within Analytical Chemistry preferable within the food industry
- Experience with in Project Management preferable across countries
- Understanding of production and application for food cultures
- Demonstrated Can-do approach e.g. Self-starting, self-motivated, independent minded, thrive by making continuous progress and results - especially through others
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- You speak and write fluently in English
A challenging position in a global company with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dynamic and hard-working global team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the activities within Global Quality Control.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Global QC Manager Anders Favrbo at telephone +45 2176 3379.
Please apply online by clicking "Ansøg".
Deadline for application is June 11. 2019. Please send you application in English. Please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will be processing incoming applications continually.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.