Are you our new Global Sr. Microbiologist for QC?
We are looking for a new colleague to join our dedicated Global QC team. The position is anchored in Global Operation with a close interaction in the Science, Technology & Science function. You will interact closely with QC colleagues on 11 sites, the plant’s process technology teams and Innovation and your position will impact the Global Operation quality control organizations at 3 sites in Denmark, 2 sites in the US and Germany, and 1 site each in Czech Republic, France and Brazil. You will be located in Denmark and will report to the Global QC Manager who is placed in Denmark.
Your primary focus areas will be managing and facilitating our global professional network for microbiology leading multiple key projects or programs within the global QC network using the appropriate methodologies and tools and develop business cases for new project ideas and initiatives with the assistance of line QC managers. Assignments will vary in size, complexity and focus area and may address process improvements, rolling out of new testing equipment, rolling out of new QC programs and processes, both global and local in nature. You will be responsible for professional global decisions on QC microbiological issues, methods, programs and processes.
Expected travel days per year between 15 - 20 days.
Your main responsibilities
- Organize and lead global QC microbiological meetings.
- Prioritization and coordination of key microbiological projects within the global method network such as validation of methods, automation of micro methods and rolling out of new microbiological method.
- Align and anchor global microbiological methods and procedures by close collaboration with colleagues in our global QC Mgt groups and QC colleagues on 11 sites.
- Ensure global microbiological method standards are followed.
- Leads teams to develop, introduce new or modify existing equipment, systems for microbiological processes across multiple QC labs. Projects may include local or global team members and/or external contract resources.
- Facilitates microbiological issue resolution and escalate information/issues when required.
- Ensures communication and implementation of best practices in the QC labs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in R&D Analytics, Innovation, Process Management Group, Product Management/Marketing, and QA.
- Keep key stakeholders aware of QC microbiological initiatives and needs through effective and constant communication.
Your personal profile
- PhD Degree or a Master’s Degree with five plus (5+) years of work experience in relevant scientific areas - Microbiology, Biology or similar.
- Strong competences within microbiology
- Team player who can lead, teach, coach and inspire indirect references to create strong results.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to involve colleagues and ensure their active participation in global QC activities while respecting the local priorities.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Self-starting, self-motivated and independent minded.
- As a person you thrive by making continuous progress and results – especially through others.
- Ability to understand a whole business area (flow, process, analysis, specs, etc.) within a value chain.
- Experience with IT systems in production and production-related areas would be helpful
- Knowledge within a process-driven manufacturing environment would be helpful
- Experience within a Food or Processing industry a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel and Statistical software tools.
- You speak and write fluently in English
A challenging position in a global company with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dynamic and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the activities within Global Quality Control.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Anja Hemmingsen Kellet-Smith at +45 5218 0181.
Please apply on-line. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for application is 12th October 2018. Please send you application in English.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a global setting. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization that is proud to encourage an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today - as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We are always looking for people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and form their own work practice and methods.
Engagement matters to us, therefore we offer a work environment where cooperation and respect are the top priorities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder