Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a global setting. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization that is proud to encourage an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today - as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We are always looking for people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and form their own work practice and methods.
Engagement matters to us, therefore we offer a work environment where cooperation and respect are the top priorities.
About the position/Who are we looking for
For our Global Operations, we are looking for an experienced and energetic Global QC Manager. You will become part of our Global Process Management/QC organization.
In Global Operations we are just under 1200 motivated and skilled colleagues, who ensure that our customers are supplied with high quality products. From 10 factories with own quality control laboratories we deliver ingredients to a variety of customers, mainly in the global dairy industry, but pharma-, plant- feed- and other food industries are also part of our core business.
In Chr. Hansen we drive continuous improvement activities by developing products, processes and systems, and as the Global QC Manager you will have great impact on those activities.
Your main responsibility as Global QC Manager is to secure that our global QC laboratories are aligned, effective and with the right quality level.
Your tasks include:
- Define our global QC strategy to support the business needs and a scalable production
- Set goals and monitor quality performance via KPI’s
- Head the global network of QC managers and secure a close and energetic collaboration
- Coordinate global sub-networks for analytical methods and media preparation
- System owner of our LIMS system in close collaboration with our LIMS system manager and our global network of LIMS coordinators
- Ensure Good Laboratory Practice according to the principles in ISO 17025
- Ensure standardized methods and techniques in collaboration with our Analytical department in Innovation
- Identify and drive efficiency in our laboratories.
Your personal profile
- You hold a master degree or Ph.D. within dairy, food science, engineering, microbiology or similar.
- You have minimum 5 years work experience within QC management, optimally within industrial manufacturing.
- You possess thorough knowledge about relevant regulation as well as relevant International Standards (ISO methods, IDF methods, ISO 17025 and maybe even FSSC 22000)
- You have an operational mind and like to work in a global environment.
- As a person, you are robust and result oriented. You like to take initiatives and secure prioritizations, but not least to secure that deadlines are met, and that tasks are finalized in due time.
- You possess solid communication skills and the ability of obtaining buy-in for your ideas.
- Excellent networker – you can establish the appropriate alliances.
- Full proficiency in English, written as well as oral.
- You will be located at our plant in Copenhagen (Avedoere) with tasks there as well as in Roskilde and Hoersholm. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to travel to our main factories located outside Denmark (France, Germany, Brazil, the USA and Czech Republic).
- You must expect to travel about 20 days a year.
A unique opportunity to be part of a truly global organization, working in a challenging and interesting working environment with very skilled colleagues. This is a position where you fully utilize your know-how and can develop yourself and us even further.
You will report to Director Global process management Jesper Bartholin Bruhn.
If you have any questions for the position, please feel free to contact Jesper Bartholin Bruhn at +45 5339 3025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 30 November 2018
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.