GIS Specialist/Senior GIS Specialist
Imagine a future where you’re part of a multi-faceted team of highly engaged GIS specialists working on offshore wind farm projects to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team in a matrix organisation that develops, constructs, and operates offshore wind farm projects all over the world. You’ll be given the responsibility of delivering geospatial services to your own projects and be the go-to person for geospatial information and expertise.
Welcome to the Offshore Wind GIS team
You’ll be part of the Offshore Wind GIS team where you, together with your colleagues, will become a GIS specialist in a multi-faceted team of GIS specialists. You’ll be responsible for the daily work and information management in relation to the development of our offshore wind farm projects. You’ll join a department with a broad range of tasks and stakeholders, where no two days are the same and you’ll get the opportunity to follow a project from start to finish. You’ll also be a part of a team that supports and help each other across projects and offices.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing geospatial information management, collecting, validating, analysing, and distributing information to the relevant stakeholders
- performing geospatial analysis – 2D and 3D analysis of for instance seabed data
- mapping, visualising, and distributing data on different platforms – analogue and web
- continuously working on digitising and developing workflows internally and with stakeholder
- conducting stakeholder management – both internally and externally
- maintaining a web-based ArcGIS Server solution for your assigned project.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or equivalent within a relevant field (e.g. Geography, Environmental planning, or Surveying)
- have a curious, innovative, proactive, and systematic approach to your work tasks and be ready to the go-to specialist within your project
- have extensive experience with working with the ArcGIS platform incl. ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and Portal within a relevant field
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and be able to create good relationships with your stakeholders – locally and abroad.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anne Luise Bryde Procida, Manager, on +4599554421 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.