GIS specialist for offshore wind farm projects
Would you like to work with GIS and geodata within the field of offshore wind in a culturally and academically diverse environment?
Join us and become GIS specialist in the Wind Power GIS team where you’ll be responsible for the daily work and data management in relation to the development of the organisation’s offshore wind farm projects. We’re a department of more than 20 GIS specialist currently located in UK and DK supporting all phases of offshore wind projects.
We offer a position in a department with a broad range of tasks and stakeholders, and where no two days are the same.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform data management by collecting, validating, analysing and distributing data to the relevant stakeholders
- perform spatial analysis – 2D and 3D analysis of, for instance, seabed data
- map, visualise and distribute data on different platforms, both analogue and web
- continuously work on digitising and developing workflows internally and with stakeholders
- conduct stakeholder management both internally and externally
- maintain a web-based ArcGIS Server solution for your assigned project.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree or equivalent within a relevant field (e.g. geography, environmental planning or surveying)
- have a curious, innovative, proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- have extensive experience working with the ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online and Portal, within a relevant field
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
An inclusive culture
At Ørsted, we believe that talent is diverse by nature. You’ll experience an inclusive culture that embraces diversity in thought and experience to solve challenges. And you’ll be valued for the unique contribution you make – and for being yourself.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 7 June 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anne Bryde-Procida, Manager of the Offshore Wind GIS team, by telephone on +45 99 55 44 21 if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.