Geotechnical Site Assessment Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re involved in complex offshore geotechnical engineering challenges for the development of offshore wind farms on a global scale
Join us in this role where you’ll be delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering input for foundation design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in a suite of geotechnical tasks ranging from analysing data from field and laboratory testing to programming new in-house tools for use across all our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Geotechnical Site Assessment
You’ll be part of Geotechnical Site Assessment where you, together with your colleagues, will be working on analysing large geotechnical datasets, interpreting soil parameters, and using in-house tools and coding in your daily routine. We offer exciting opportunities for you to develop strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisation and to work in close collaboration with many talented people from around the world who’re passionate about offshore geotechnics and enjoy working together as a team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assisting in planning, scoping, and executing offshore geotechnical site investigations and advanced laboratory testing campaigns
- receiving, managing, and analysing large geotechnical datasets to provide high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design and installation assessments
- reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way and assisting in obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- taking active part in the execution of different R&D activities as well as programming new in-house tools to optimise the geotechnical data analyses
- engaging in close collaboration with other engineers, geophysicists, programmers, etc. to ensure high-quality deliverables.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s or PhD degree in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, or equivalent
- have a genuine interest in soil mechanics and geotechnical site characterisation
- are experienced in programming in different languages (Python, Matlab, etc.)
- are able to take personal responsibility and accountability and work with different tasks in parallel
- have a can-do attitude with strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kris Wessel Andersen, Manager, on +4599551071 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.