Geotechnical Engineering Team Manager
Imagine a future where you ensure high-quality engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects by leading and motivating your employees
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a team delivering engineering support related to scoping, planning, execution, and data interpretation of geotechnical site investigations for offshore wind farms. This will provide input to the geotechnical design and installation of foundations for wind turbine generators as well as offshore substations and subsea cables.
Welcome to Geotechnical Engineering
You’ll be part of the management team of our large in-house Geotechnical Engineering department. Here, you’ll lead colleagues working on a variety of projects, including large offshore wind farm developments in Europe, US, and APAC regions, R&D projects in collaboration with both internal and external parties, and in-house software development. You’ll be part of a large and diverse team of more than 60 geotechnical engineers with more than 20 different nationalities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring your team is delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering and that the services are undertaken professionally and support our strategic targets to drive down the cost of electricity
- collaborating closely with the other team managers to support the competence development, standardisation of engineering, knowledge sharing, and processes
- being responsible for people development and for the planning, prioritisation, and delegation of new assignments and projects
- developing the short- and long-term team strategies in line with the company goals and in collaboration with the lead specialists
- creating cross-company networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant experience in engineering related to the development and design of offshore wind farms
- have a relevant master’s degree or PhD, preferably from a geotechnical, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and inspire
- preferably have experience leading a diverse and multi-locational engineering team
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01 August 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, on +447500953231 if you’d like to know more about the position.Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as your team is located across various offices. You should expect to travel between
Denmark and the UK approximately once or twice every month in relation to your work.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.