Join us in this role where you’ll work in the Subsea Cables engineering team, supporting design and installation considerations relating to geotechnical site assessment, cable route design, cable burial risk assessment, and cable trenching feasibility installation assessments for our inter-array and export cable routes globally. You’re not required to have a background in subsea engineering; instead, you have a passion for geotechnical engineering and, ideally, strong data management capabilities and some programming language skills.
Welcome to the Geotechnical department
You’ll be part of the Subsea Cables engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will follow the offshore wind projects from early development through to execution and the operational phase of the wind farm, and where you’ll interact with many different internal and external stakeholders in the process. You’ll be working closely together with other geotechnical engineers, geologists, and geophysicists in characterising our offshore wind farm sites and cable routes. You’ll join a strong and supportive team of very dedicated colleagues with a high focus on learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing trenching feasibility assessments based on geotechnical conditions
- performing probabilistic analyses to quantify cable burial risk as a result of anchor/soil interaction
- developing the thermal parameters design basis to support HV cable thermal rating calculations
- supporting the development of in-house tools for predicting jetting, plough, and mechanical cutting performance
- supporting the development of geoscience ground models to manage ground-based risks on projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in engineering, preferably in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, or equivalent
- preferably have a basic understanding of programming, databases, and GIS software
- thrive in an international environment
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 April 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mette Møller Pedersen Wolff, Team Lead, on +4599556718 or Laurence Cross, Lead Specialist, Subsea Cables, on +44 (0)7825016657 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting the other half of the team and do some travelling related to the projects.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.