Do you have the relevant site experience combined with great management skills? Would you like to function in the role as a General Site Manager for an international project oriented contractor?
For the construction of future power plants, we are now looking for a General Site Manager with relevant experience from a similar position. Right now we have open positions in West Africa, and therefore you need to be fluent in written and spoken French and English.
As General Site Manager you are BWSC’s ambassador on site facing our customers, suppliers and authorities - and you have the overall responsibility of managing the site. The General Site Manager must ensure that the daily work assignments are completed according to the project’s time schedule, and that the assignments are executed according to the rules in force within safety, quality and resources which are BWSC’s trademarks. Furthermore, the General Site Manager is an important liaison between the site and the headquarter in Denmark.
The most essential assignments will be responsibility for:
- Daily management of the site
- Construction meetings and reporting of same
- Weekly/daily reporting of project progress
- Safety on site
- Site economics including entering into local contracts regarding services such as leasing/buying equipment, accommodation, local staff etc.
- Site logistics
- Coordination with customers/suppliers with regard to site assignments
- Contact with local authorities such as construction authorities, fire authorities, working environment authorities and environmental authorities.
Experienced profile with great management skills
You most likely have a background as engineer/marine engineer or another relevant background, preferably supplemented with a financial degree. In order to hold the position as General Site Manager, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- You have site experience and understand the importance of having an overview of and insight into the project, thereby ensuring that possible adjustments can be done in time with the aim of delivering on time and within budget
- You are able to communicate and report fluently in written and spoken French and English
- You have contract experience, comprising experience with FIDIC contracts
- You have experience with customer relations, staff management and negotiations with contractors
- Experience with working in foreign cultures would be an advantage
As a person you are enterprising and dynamic. You work determinedly and systematically, and ensure that things are solved in a proper manner. You are able to remain calm and maintain perspective under pressure - also during longer periods. As a person you lead the way, inspire and motivate colleagues to give their best at any time. You radiate authority, inspire a natural respect and have an understanding of other cultures.
The position entails long-term expatriation.
We offer the right candidate an interesting expatriation job in an international company. We offer attractive terms of employment and good career possibilities. Salary according to qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Department Manager, Site Management & Construction Finance, Claus Risum Korsgaard on firstname.lastname@example.org or Director, HR & Corporate Administration Claus Berner at email@example.com
Please send your application by mail via the "Ansøg" link on this page as soon as possible. The format of the sent files should please be either .docx or .pdf.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder