Game developer to a fast growing game studio developing a viking/history card based auto battler
Do you think the game industry is missing some exciting games about history that let the user understand the past better? Do you have skills in turning game design into a game so we can take the market by storm, turning history into an immersive universe. To develop our game we are looking for someone with a programming background in game development who is eager to get their hands involved in the making of a new game.
About our game
We are developing a digital card-based autobattler game in a historical and mythological universe. The aim is to make a historically accurate game that inspires people to immerse themselves in history. The upcoming game is in production check it out at our itch.io: https://gamucatex.itch.io/tectonicus, The player will be taking charge of a faction, either Viking, Frankian, or English which they will follow through history. Letting you experience what happened in the past according to historical records. Battles take place online and in scenarios on a turn-based board. You will lead your forces to your enemy's lines and holding your morale high you will dominate the fighting!
This innovative game puts historical characters in cards, where moving and combat happen on a grid-based battlefield. The inspiration comes from Magic, Civilizations, the Age of Empires, and Heroes. We are an early-stage startup that is disrupting what games can be used for. By using history from the records with the help of our historians we are making a historical micro world which will give the player a better understanding of the past. This we see as meaningful gaming that creates greater value in people’s lives. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a visionary and loving small family of professionals. We believe that making games should be as fun as playing them.
- The position will preferably be taken onsite or as a hybrid/blended collaboration but with the right candidate, we can accept a remote position.
- We expect that you can dedicate yourself to this roughly on a full-time basis but we respect if you have other responsibilities on the side.
- The team members working here are all enjoying the journey of the project, full of passion.
- As we are not funded yet, we are working towards a system of revenue share in effect after the game has sales or reaches funding.
- If you have what it takes we can discuss bringing you on as a partner with equity (co-founder of our restructured business).
- Our offices are located in Amager and Frederiksberg.
The Developer position - bringing us a step further:
- We are looking for a developer that can program at a high level, and you will have the opportunity to work on fundamental parts of the game, such as the combat system, tutorial, scenarios, and more.
- You will have a say in decisions in the team. The project will have an alpha release primo 2023. Further development will be possible afterward.
- We welcome both a go-getter, a person full of ideas, and/or someone who prefers clear tasks.
- Strong C# knowledge and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Unity.
- You can set code requirements and conceptualize requirements into code.
- Good understanding of code architecture.
- A portfolio with at least one game project.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Experience with Azure PlayFab or similar services.
- Experience with Photon or other multiplayer services.
- Experience with card games.
Planned interview process
Online interviews are expected to take place in May. Starting date, as soon as possible. Please note we reply as fast as possible, but not always as fast as big corporates. Be aware that we might end up in your email spam folder when we try to contact you, so keep a keen eye on that. For more information or questions please contact us at email@example.com or phone number +45 25 72 29 69.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.