Are you passionate about developing data platforms and web applications to enable digital transformation? Are you curious about human health? Do you want to work for a company that puts sustainability at its core? Then you might just be the person we are looking for.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Full Stack Developer, Novozymes OneHealth
Data science is at the heart of our innovation process. We strive to apply data-driven approaches from the initial target identification, right through to product development, clinical design & consumer validation. We are a multinational team of developers, engineers and bioinformaticians spread across Denmark, Ireland, Germany, and the US and we’re looking for a driven, and enthusiastic self-starter to join us. You need to have a broad set of technical skills and be curious enough to delve right into every aspect of our strategy to support across the board.
Welcome to Novozymes OneHealth
Novozymes OneHealth is a newly established Strategic Opportunity Area within Novozymes. We are a high-energy, global team with diverse backgrounds, all on a mission to shape the human health food supplement landscape. We focus on probiotic- and enzyme-based solutions for a multitude of different human health conditions. We drive development based on strong scientific hypotheses and identified consumer demand. We are driven by impact, curiosity and fun and we believe in continuous learning, both personally and professionally.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
Every day you will work with the scientists and business developers to create operational data pipelines as well as support web front-end ideation, development & deployment.
- Working with our team in Europe to establish framework(s) for building data hubs for e.g. commercial and preclinical data
- Working with our US team to set-up data pipelines enabling advanced analytics and visualization for e.g. public health and genetic data
- Web application development mainly focused on infrastructure and backend
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for our cloud data infrastructure to our IT collaboration partners
To succeed you must hold:
- 2+ years of industry experience holding a BSc or MSc degree within the field of Computer Science or related scientific or engineering field
- Strong proficiency (4+ years) in a scripting language, preferably Python
- Proficiency (2+ years) in front-end frameworks (Angular/React) &/ proficiency (2+ years) in developing applications in Dash &/ Shiny
- Proficiency with Linux command line and Bash scripting
- Familiarity with cloud service providers (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with Python backends e.g. Django, Flask
- Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English
- Working knowledge of Git, DevOps, Databricks, Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow
- Experience with biological and/or clinical and health care related data.
- Experience or interest in large-scale web scraping e.g. with NodeJS
- Experience with graph database design
This job location is flexible and could be in any of Novozymes’ strategic locations including the Berlin (Germany), Copenhagen (Denmark), Cork (Ireland), or Basel (Switzerland).
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: 3rd of October 2021.
Contact details: For more information please contact Bryony Bishop on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.