At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere.
Are you passionate about digital development and improving the digital customer experience? And would you like to take on a central role in all front-end development for the VELUX e-business?
Join our international team of experienced specialists and use your insight to develop e-business solutions that take our business to the next level.
As our new front-end developer, you will become part of our cross-functional team and collaborate with external partners to optimise time-to-market and cost-efficient development. Focusing on our marketing sites (velux.xx domains), you will work with the team to ensure that we continue to have well-performing and optimised solutions.
“As our primary front-end developer, you will divide your time between prioritising and leading front-end activities and deep diving into development. You will be working with UX and digital project managers to create prototypes and test online tools for implementation,” explains Danny van Rooijen, Head of Digital End-user Experience.
Your tasks will also be to:
- Develop components and features for our Sitecore CMS, which is search engine, browser and device optimised
- Provide the front-end development needed to implement change requests and continuous improvements, including performance optimisation and bug fixes on e-business digital properties
- Create prototypes used to build or test new solutions
- Advise the team on marketing site improvements and new directions in technology trends
- Use your knowledge and insight to participate in ad-hoc tasks across the business
We are looking for a well-organised person with a good eye for detail. You enjoy cross-functional collaboration, and you thrive in an international environment. With your interest in and openness towards other fields than your own, you quickly become a trusted team member and collaborator.
- You have strong knowledge of SEO, site design and usability principles
- You have experience working on global web solutions
- You have extensive experience collaborating with UX/UI designers
- You speak and write English fluently
Joining our team, you will support front-end development aimed at creating digital solutions that meet the needs of our business. To achieve this goal, you will work closely with VELUX colleagues who are experts in content, analytics and user experience to define and prioritise improvement recommendations.
“If you love development and enjoy talking to a lot of different people to find just the right solution for any business need, this is the perfect role for you. You will have ample room to grow in this role - and potentially become our technical lead,” Danny van Rooijen concludes.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Danny van Rooijen, Head of Digital End-user Experience, by telephone +45 2116 4968.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than July 14, 2019.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.