A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60% by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe FOSS to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS Software Services Division
We are part of the FOSS group, but have 100% focus on delivering software services to food and agro customers around the world. We supply the majority of the TOP100 Food companies in the world with analytical solutions and digital services, but our ambitions reach further. Our vision is “Feeding food value chains with trust, quality and insights”. For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers.
We are scaling our already existing development organization to meet the demands of the new software division
This is why we are looking for skilled cloud developers, working out of our new hub in Copenhagen. You work closely with your product owner and product management to understand user needs, and based on their feedback, deliver the digital services that provide the best value for our customers.
We have a strong and secure development setup where gated check-ins as well as automated unit- and integration tests is part of our daily work. Static code analysis and vulnerability scanning is fully integrated in our pipelines and in general we focus a lot on making secure, robust, and maintainable code. We follow the DevOps methodology, and are constantly working to improve our implementation.
We are looking for experienced Angular/TypeScript front end developers to build our new web applications.
If you can also occasionally help out on on back-end tasks (C# running on MS .NET Azure), that is an additional advantage. As a person, you enjoy working in a scrum team where you will both be working on feature estimates and specification, design & implementation as well as test and delivery.
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you will:
- Develop applications that runs on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Design new features together with the product owner, product specialists and other stakeholders
- Design and implement features in Angular/TypeScript, and perhaps contribute on back-end tasks in C#
- Ensure test and documentation of your work using automated test frameworks and SwaggerHub
- Write unit- and integration tests as part of the everyday development flow
- Groom, estimate and plan backlog items for upcoming sprints in collaboration with the product owner and team members
What you bring to the table
- You have a background as a software engineer, IT-engineer, computer scientist or similar, with preferably 4 or more years of relevant experience from a similar position in an agile environment.
- You are an excellent and experienced Angular/TypeScript developer.
- You might know your way around C# and .net core, even though it is not your super strength and primary focus.
- You have experience with modern cloud hosting and service platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- You have profound experience working with REST APIs and Entity Framework.
- You speak and write English well enough to have good constructive dialogue with your colleagues around the world, mostly in Denmark and Poland.
Our ideal candidate
- Knows good user experience and focuses on data security, speed and reliability.
- Is a team player and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- Has a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty.
- Believes that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution – experience with TDD is considered an advantage.
- Has a sense of ownership of the solutions he/she develops, and wants to do the best to make sure they run as good as possible.
Why you belong here
- With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
- Our new division FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen.
- We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference.
- You will be part of creating a startup working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company.
Ready to join FSS?
Send your application by using the link below. We review applications and conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Hansen, Head of Development at email@example.com or on +45 2761 6961.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder