For our Concepts & Solutions Program management team within the Siemens Offshore market unit, we are looking for an experienced Foundation system Expert to strengthen our foundation innovation oriented activities. Aim is, together with your colleagues, to provide innovation into the area of Foundation systems for Offshore Wind Farms, with special focus within Jackets and Floating foundations, leading to significant cost reductions.
The Offshore Concepts & Solutions program management team plays a key role in the cost out measures on reducing costs of cables systems, grid connections and foundation systems for tomorrow’s generation of Offshore wind farms. We generate ideas, conceptualize, test and back them up by presenting test results, reports and detailed business cases.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Foundation Expert, you are responsible for providing specialized technical and commercial knowledge from the early beginning of the innovation project and until hand over of the concept. In some cases you will also take part in the project execution, implementing the new concepts.
More specifically, your assignments will cover:
- You have the full overview of the various foundation solutions in a wind farm, and you can communicate this information in a clear and customer oriented way
- Participating in development of new foundation concepts at wind farm level
- Documentation of the results within your area of responsibility
- Responsible for technical and cost aspects of foundation feasibility studies. Perform rough dimensioning calculations
- Form link to the LCoE office with regard to input to LCoE calculations on the foundation side of EPC projects
- Be responsible for the technical part of partnering, special project or sub supplier discussions on foundation innovation projects
- Drive the innovation process in relation to foundation solutions
- Perform reporting for the group towards Offshore management on foundation related projects
- Prepare detailed cost calculations for foundation innovation projects
- Perform systems risk workshops on key areas such as: Design, Approval, provision main equipment, assembly process, installation process
- Cost comparison between classical foundation systems and new concepts.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a strong technical background and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering combined with 5+ years’ of relevant experience from the wind turbine business or from the offshore, consultancy, utility, manufacturing or construction industries
- It will be an advantage if you have participated in execution of international large scale projects
- You are proactive, open-minded and well-structured and capable of creating and maintaining an overview of complex systems
- You have a positive, innovative mindset with a commercial approach to business, and you are good at networking
- You possess excellent communication skills in English, orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In Siemens we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious, initiating and innovative employees with strong professional competencies, who want to make a difference for the environment and the world we live in.
By joining Siemens Wind Power you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
To name a few, we have favorable retirement agreements which include health insurance for you, a LogBuy benefits card including more than 3,000 discount agreements across Denmark, optional membership of our staff association, free fruit, coffee and tea and great canteen facilities offering nutrient-rich food at low prices. Furthermore, we focus on our employee’s work-life balance to create mutual, flexible working conditions.
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens we have strong traditions for innovation of electronics and technique. For more than 160 years, we have developed and delivered products, solutions and services, which have contributed to shape the future. The solutions include innovative and sustainable technologies for industry, energy, health care, and infrastructure and cities.
Siemens has app. 360,000 employees worldwide of which 30,100 are employed within research and development internally as well as in collaboration with universities. Every year we make 8,000 new inventions.
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder