FOU & OSS Offshore Installation Specialist or Project Lead
Join us and become Project Lead for our Cost of Electricity product line in the Offshore Foundations & Structures Installation
Would you like to become part of a team of enthusiastic and determined people whose primary task is to reduce the cost of offshore wind?
Join us and become Project Lead for our Cost of Electricity product line in the Offshore Foundations & Structures Installation department where you’ll help drive our wind farm projects and see them through to successful completion. You’ll be working in a team dedicated to optimising processes, equipment, contractor collaboration, innovative ideas. Further, ensuring and delivering standards and templates to be used in tender material. All with the common goal of increasing best practices and reducing the cost of installation.
Your key tasks will be to
- drive Product Line Cost of Electricity improvement projects to ensure cost savings or risk minimisation in our offshore wind farm projects
- support the projects in our portfolio in the overall implementation of the identified improvement ideas with regard to engineering and execution strategy
- manage the technical developments and improvements between the foundation of offshore substation packages and our key stakeholders
- take on a specific offshore wind farm project role for a limited amount of time, if need be.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for documenting and improving technical best practices across the foundation and offshore substation packages, assisting the product line project managers with the day-to-day technical work.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline (structural, mechanical, marine, etc.)
- have the ability and experience to understand, develop and process technical issues and translate them into manageable economic and strategic solutions, driving down overall costs
- can demonstrate your ability to work unsupervised, while being a strong team player in the project.
It’ll be an advantage if you have experience with offshore installation, and prior offshore experience is generally highly valued.
On a personal level, you have very strong communication and interpersonal skills. It’s essential that you have a structured approach to your work and are a logical thinker. Moreover, it’ll be an advantage if you have project management experience. You are fast-thinking with the ability to work on technical solutions under pressure, both on site and in the office. Moreover, you have good IT skills and can confidently use Microsoft Office programs. As we operate in an international environment, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 June 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact Anders Wegener Boesen, Manager of Offshore Foundations & Structures Installation, on telephone +45 9955 5045 if you want to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder