Work for a cause, not just a company
Novozymes is the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms. Together with our customers, partners, and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. Our biological solutions enable higher agricultural yields, healthy food consumption, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel, and many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from – both today and in years to come. We need people who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge, and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. We know that original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Food Safety and Quality Manager
We are seeking a passionate, experienced, and results-oriented Food Safety and Quality Manager in Novozymes’ Corporate Food Safety Management Department. In this role, you will be a key player for Novozymes setting the global standards for production of our products for the food, feed and biohealth segments.
Welcome to Corporate QES
Corporate Food Safety Management is one of six departments in Corporate QES. In Corporate QES we enable Novozymes strategy by defining current and future QES requirements and standards. We provide the QES framework, tools, and systems to support global business and secure license to operate based on regulations/standards. Corporate QES drive the development of a strong food safety, quality and safety, culture carried by standards, systems and behaviours within Quality, Safety and Environment.
In this role you’ll make an impact by:
- Heading up the functional Global Food Safety Team
- Driving the development and maintenance of global food & feed safety management systems FSSC22000, FAMI-QS (Food/feed safety, food/feed fraud and food/feed defence)
- Advicing and supporting the local food/feed safety teams in developing and maintaining HACCP plans, food/feed fraud mitigation plans and food/feed defence plans
- Driving the corporate allergen management program
- Defining and communicating the global GMP standards for the production facilities
- Being an active sparring partner for Project Engineering in facility upgrades and building of new facilities
- Participating in cross functional and global projects supporting or driving food/feed safety and quality tracks
- Participating in the global internal and external audit program
- Supporting the development of a strong food/feed safety culture
To succeed you must hold:
- A Master’s degree in food science, biology, engineering, veterinary medicine or similar
- Have in-depth knowledge of FSSC22000, FAMI-QS, GMP, HACCP & food/feed safety management programs
- Have knowledge of food/feed fraud and food feed defence programs
- 7+ years’ experience from preferably food industry
- Audit experience from internal, external or auditee roles
- Hands on experience with production processes/equipment e.g., from previous jobs
- Possess a proactive and holistic approach in a global context
- Be comfortable with decision making and thrive in a dynamic working environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Danish and English
This job will be located at Bagsværd, Denmark. As this is a corporate role you should expect to have some travelling activity 4-6 trips per year.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Application deadline: January 6th, 2023, but please apply as soon as possible as we will call for interviews on an ongoing basis. Please attach your diploma(s), recommendations, and other relevant documents when you apply for the job.
Contact details: Karen Gammelgaard, Head of Food Safety Management, email@example.com, Mobile +45 30773550.
At Novozymes we commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants. We recommend you not to attach a cover letter to your application. Instead, please include a few sentences in your resume/CV about why you are applying. To ensure a fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your resume/CV.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status.
Want to learn more?
Did you know that every year our products help cut global CO2 emissions by around 90 million tons? Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at novozymes.com.
Not the right fit for you? Even if this job isn't the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting. If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage them to apply. Thank you for your referral! Please check out our other open positions. The right fit for you could just be a few clicks away
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.