First Assistant Engineer
Do you want to develop the newest technology in the maritime industry and at the same time make a significant contribution to the green energy transition?
- At the forefront of the development
Do you want to develop the newest technology in the maritime industry and at the same time make a significant contribution to the green energy transition? Are you solution-oriented, adaptable, and able to see opportunities rather than limitations? If you can answer yes to these questions, here is an opportunity to join our team of world-leading experts creating unique technologies to reduce CO2e at our Research Centre Copenhagen (RCC). We move big things to zero, according to MAN Energy Solutions' strategy to decarbonize the shipping industry. This while maintaining our position as the preferred developer of the environmentally friendly two-stroke engines of the future for the largest ocean-going ships worldwide. Be a future maker as First Assistant Engineer and play a part in the decarbonization of the maritime industry.
You will play an important part in:
As a Marine Engineer at Research Centre Copenhagen, you will be part of a very dedicated team of 17 skilled colleagues with different backgrounds. The department is participating in research work on our 2 in-house full-scale research engines. You will be giving input to the design and specifications for new auxiliary systems. You will take task leads on the installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of our fuel supply systems and other auxiliary systems in compliance with the Danish Machine Directory, ATEX directives, and national as well as international environmental regulations.
R&D testing on our research engines is a cornerstone in MAN Energy Solutions' development of a competitive product. Our team has a high degree of independence with a great degree of freedom in the way tasks are solved.
Examples of work tasks are the following:
- Prepare experiments and conduct test campaigns on our research engines. From smaller tests to large prototype tests.
- Experimental work involving optimization of the combustion process and engine control systems
- Participation in large and small development projects
- Coordination of activities and tasks with colleagues in Research Centre Copenhagen and across the organization as well as with external suppliers and partners
- Carry out continuous development of R&D facilities and work processes
- Conduct and maintain ATEX documentation and inspection
- Carry out installation, operation, and maintenance of engines & auxiliary systems
We imagine that you:
- Are a Marine engineer or that you have equivalent qualifications
- Have hands-on skills and enjoy varied work
- Experience with research work will be an advantage
- You have experience with two-stroke marine engines
- You possess a broad technical understanding (thermodynamics, control technique, mechanics)
- Knowledge of Danish is an advantage
Moreover, you are a good team player with an individual drive. You show a great deal of independence in your work. You are happy to share your knowledge and understand how to collaborate on many levels internally and externally. Finally, you show a high degree of flexibility.
Welcome to the Research Centre Copenhagen
At Research Centre Copenhagen, we offer a working environment and opportunities that support the development of two-stroke low-speed engines with a focus on prototype and verification tests of new technologies. We take great pride in turning the best ideas into reality.
At Research Centre Copenhagen, we are a team of approx. 50 employees consisting of many professional groups, who collaborate on the development of the two-stroke engine technology of the future. We are part of interdisciplinary and cross-organizational project groups with internal and external partners. We are constantly challenged by deadlines and competition in the market, so a high degree of flexibility at peak times is a prerequisite for our daily work.
Unleash your potential: Join us towards a carbon-neutral future
We offer you an opportunity to help shape the world of tomorrow – whether you are just starting, taking your first career steps after graduation, or looking for the next big career challenge.
At MAN Energy Solutions, we focus on diversity and equality to create a creative and inclusive culture. We believe that a diverse workforce with a mix of genders, nationalities, and perspectives will drive innovation, creativity, and productivity. We are committed to our employees’ well-being, and you will have the opportunity to join different social activities from yoga and fishing to creative clubs.
We prioritize work-life balance, offering flexible working hours, and mental well-being including health insurance and focus on the work atmosphere. Here you have opportunities for growth, development, and mentorship.
At MAN Energy Solutions, you can create, drive, build, and be a part of improving innovative energy solutions while achieving your personal career goals.
About MAN Energy Solutions
- 250 years of experience in advanced engineering
- We deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe
- We operate under the motto "Future in The Making" as it reflects our dedication to developing sustainable solutions and actively contributing to a carbon-neutral economy
- We have over 15,000 employees worldwide. In Denmark, we are 2,200 passionate employees with more than 40 nationalities
Build your future
Please submit your application to us no later than Friday the 27th of October 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Department Manager Caspar Sørensen by phone + 45 2913 3968. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com
We encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability, and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Skriv venligst i din ansøgning, at du har set jobbet hos Jobfinder