Firmware technical lead and architect
This job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test, measurement and data analytics industry.
HBK A/S - Hottinger Brüel & Kjær A/S
At HBK, we live up to our three values: Be True, Own It and Aim High. We believe in absolute integrity – it’s how we win for stakeholders, the environment and each other. We believe in teamwork and keeping our promises – to ourselves and others. Finally, we believe in being bold and positive. This is how we perform at our best and achieve greater success.
We are currently looking for an Architect and technical lead for the firmware department for Instrumentation in Virum, Denmark.
Our new Teachnical lead will be technical responsible for a team of about 6 developer and reporting to the HW department manager. You will be engaged in developing HBK new product portefolio and updating existing products.
This role is suited to a strong technical leader with a background as architect in firmware development, and a natural interest in taking initiative and driving forward innovation. You will be actively looking to build on an already established skillset and take on new responsibilities to help the team thrive overall.
You will support our firmware team in Virum, setting a technical directions for the team.
You will also work together with colleagues across borders in Germany, The Netherlands and Portugal in bigger projects.
You will be able to jump into technical work to supervise and coach the team, either through direct collaboration or code reviews.
Your daily work includes:
- Technical team lead of 6 firmware developers working on all aspects of our instrumentation products
- Participate in driving “best known practices” with other international teams
- Help the team develop professionally
- Ensure quality and maintanablity of projects
- Help the team and product owners prioritise features and maintenance
- Engage in the technical discussions with the team to figure out solutions to hard problems.
You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Software engineering or equivalent. Furthermore you have at least 4-5 years experience with most of the following areas from a similar position in another company.
- Great at technical coaching and skill developments
- Organisational and team leader skills
- Knowledge of SAFe and other agile development practices
To be able to collaborate with developers you need a set of technical skills
- Knowledge in System Engineering
- Embedded linux development, kernel, drivers, bootloaders and devicetree
- Build systems such as Yocto or Buildroot
- Linux real time patches such as Preempt-RT
- Modern C++, especially targeting embedded applications
- Knowledge of digital hardwareGit, or similar versioning software
- Good communication skills - especially written and spoken English, Danish is a plus
- Team player, but also able to solve problems individually
- Hands on, able to or used to work from prototype to production phase
- Accurate, practical and result driven personality
- Experience in working in international located development team is a plus
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.