Firmware Development Engineer
This job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world
This job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test, measurement and data analytics industry. You will be a strong contributor collaborating closely with colleagues from various business functions.
At HBK, we live up to our three values: Be True, Own It and Aim High. We believe in absolute integrity – it’s how we win for stakeholders, the environment and each other. We believe in teamwork and keeping our promises – to ourselves and others. Finally, we believe in being bold and positive. This is how we perform at our best and achieve greater success.
Firmware Development Engineer
Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær is looking for a Firmware Development Engineer for our Sensor R&D department in Virum, Denmark. As our new firmware developer, you will be involved in our future transducer designs, and you will join our dedicated Sensor team - well known for high-quality designs over the years.
The development of the upcoming digital sensors will be done in close cooperation with our embedded software team in Germany, Darmstadt. You will act as our connection to the embedded software team, contributing with your sound and vibration expertise. We have a modular firmware architecture, which you will extend to meet the needs of digital microphones. In firmware related aspects you collaborate with an international team of developers and architects, whereas the embedded hardware, project priorities and the daily management are done from the R&D team in Denmark.
You will be working closely together with analog, digital, and mechanical designers as well as physicists and production engineering to realize digital sensors on a miniature scale.
Your daily work includes:
- Participate and represent Virum in the digital sensor firmware architecture specification and definition
- Firmware framework design
- Program embedded firmware and align architecture with the larger embedded SW group in HW development
- Expand/modify existing firmware architecture to fit the demands of sound and vibration
- Test, verification, and debug in lab
- Participate in driving “best known practices” with other international teams
- Participate in integration with electronic design
- It can be expected that there will be work with days duration in Germany
You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in software development with at least five years working experience. Furthermore, you have experience with the following technologies.
- Programming in C, C++ or similar language
- Ethernet Connectivity, specifically TCP/IP
- Debugging in RTOS-designs
- Programming for embedded ARM processors
- Postprocessing of sound (FFT)
- Hardware understanding in connection with embedded software - must be able to read an electrical diagram
- Experiences with Git, continuous integration, and unit tests
Ways of working
- Well documenting of work / in code as well as in external documents
- Willing to pass on your known to your college
- Structured workflow
- Good communication skills - especially written and spoken English
- Enjoys working in an international multi-cultural team
- Interest for the world surrounding you
- Open minded – with a desire to go for the best, but also pragmatic when needed
- Sees the entire picture – not just your own responsibilities
- Takes initiative and has a hands-on approach.
In this position you have the opportunity to be part of the team that will launch HBK first digital transducer within sound and vibration. You can develop your career together with some of the most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world.
Freedom under responsibility is the framework for Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær's employees. This provides a good balance between work and family life and promotes constant development of professional and personal competencies in an international and fun work environment.
Interview will be conducted on a running basic
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder