Sigma Designs, Copenhagen
Are you passionate about the IoT and the development of the smart home?
Then this is your chance to join the very forefront of home automation development. As our new field
application engineer, you get:
- The chance to liaise between Sigma Designs and our customers as you implement our innovative Z-Wave technology into the production of smart home products
- A job in a dynamic and highly innovative technology company in a rapidly growing global market
- The chance to collaborate directly with high profile and international companies and gain
- insights into a long line of innovative technologies and products
Implementing smart home technology in collaboration with the customers
You will join our European FAE team along with 3 FAE in Copenhagen who work closely with our customers to implement Z-Wave into their smart home products. When an order is secured, you take responsibility for the successful implementation of the Z-wave technology. You are the main point of contact for the customer’s technicians and help them throughout the process. Check out some examples of Z-Wave products here.
This includes different tasks like:
- Providing technical expertise at start-up meetings
- Establishing customer needs and providing information on the many options we provide through our extensive product portfolio
- Training the customers in Z-Wave technology
- Managing customer projects including coding and programming at customer locations
- Assisting the customer in the process of attaining Z-Wave certification for their products - the certification is QA measurement to secure all Z-Wave products will interact flawlessly
When participating in customer projects, you will work from our office in Copenhagen, but you also travel to the customer for shorter periods. Typically, a full implementation process lasts 6 months. As you will participate in industry trade shows or join pre-sales meetings together with our sales team, you are willing to travel 20-30 days a year.
Engineer with great interpersonal skills
You probably have a solid analytical background as a development engineer, and now you are looking to work more customer oriented. However, it is also a possibility that you have recently graduated as we will be able to adapt the position in accordance with your competencies. Most importantly, you are passionate about new technologies and are thrilled about the prospect of a thorough introduction period.
- Have a relevant technical background as an engineer or hold a MScE in IT or equivalent
- Have experience with development in Linux environments
- Have experience with C/C++ programming
- Have experience with IP Protocol stacks and / or other communication protocols
- Have great interpersonal skills - you can work with customers and build good relationships
- Speak and write English fluently
A supportive, relaxed and success seeking working culture
Joining Sigma Designs in Copenhagen, Denmark, you will experience a supportive and multicultural office where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues. We prioritise the time for social activities, competitions, after work dinners and much more.
Does this appeal to you?
Please forward your CV and application marked “Field Application Engineer” via the "Ansøg" link.
For additional information, please contact Field Application Engineer Laurits Petersen at +45 3913 0012 or Laurits_Petersen@sigmadesigns.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder