Fermentation Scientist & Project Leader, Fermentation Optimization, KA
We are offering an attractive position with the responsibility for fermentation process optimization and project leadership. You will be the project leader for some of our optimization projects and introductions of new strains and products in production.
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Supply Operations, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Fermentation Scientist and Project Leader, Fermentation Optimization, Kalundborg
We are offering an attractive position with the responsibility for fermentation process optimization and project leadership. You will be the project leader for some of our optimization projects and introductions of new strains and products in production. We do fermentation process optimization based on in-depth microbial understanding, scientific understanding, pilot experiments, lab investigations, production trials and advanced analytics.
You will be optimizing processes based on scientific knowledge, lab investigations in 20 L scale, production trials, and identify optimization leads from mathematical and statistical treatment of data. We typically work on projects of 6-12 months’ duration with focus on making significant and value creating process improvements. We work in projects with focus on team work. Our team includes 14 fermentation scientists and technicians. Fermentation Optimization is organized under the “Product and Process Development” area in the “Global Optimization” function and we have a close collaboration with Downstream Optimization, our other development departments and production facilities in Denmark, China, Brazil and USA.
To keep meeting our business targets in a dynamic environment, people development is a focus area in the daily work for all Zymers as well as continuous improvement of the way we work. Interaction with other departments is very strong, using both shared projects and actual job rotations to foster cooperation and people development.
In this position you need to:
- Have a MSc in chemical engineering, biotechnology or related field combined with a PhD. or other relevant experience within fermentation processes. Experience from production scale is an advantage.
- A good track record as project leader for large and complex projects. Preferably you are familiar with the six sigma project model and have more than 2 years of experience as project leader.
- Have strong analytical skills combined with a lot of personal drive.
- Besides personal drive you should also have the drive to lead complex projects and have many contacts in the organization.
- Have experience and interest in handling and analyzing big data sets from fermentations.
- Have a structured approach in your daily work; you are capable of keeping an overview in an environment where changes are an integrated part of the daily work.
- Have a sense of urgency – and you can balance the scientific approach in optimization with business understanding.
- Be fluent in Danish oral communication (or be willing to learn). Excellent English oral and written communication skills are required.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019.
For more information please contact Head of Fermentation Optimization Department, Senior Manager Jan Larsen by phone +45 30773031. Application deadline: October 27th, 2020. Please attach your master diploma when you apply for the job.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.