DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centers across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
At DuPont N&H in Grindsted we currently looking for a Fermentation Engineer. We offer a job where you will be challenged, both professionally, on your fermentation competences, but also personally, on your ability to gain new knowledge and transform it into efficient ways of operation and thereby create value for DuPont.
You will report to our Global Manufacturing Technology team, but on a day to day basis you will be part of the operations team in Grindsted. The operations team is responsible for producing high value products, based on biomanufacturing processes. We operate in an informal and innovative atmosphere. We value personal contribution and the ability to influence processes, and develop the team through personal engagement.
Your key responsibilities:
- Introducing the next generation of production strains of existing and new products and their processes at industrial scale
- Improving the current process technology and introducing new technology
- Gaining and sharing knowledge about fermentation processes, internally in DuPont’s production network and externally
- Supporting internal/external operations teams
- Analysing and troubleshooting production/process issues at industrial scale to remain competitive in the market
Together with the team you will:
- Drive the technical Project Team in its effort to support technology, process efficiency and continuous improvement to bio ingredients
- Set up clear expectations and take responsibility for translating the overall business goals into operational goals for manufacturing and technical teams
- Be responsible for driving and reporting of project savings
Your qualification profile:
You hold a Ph.D. or Master in Engineering (biotechnology/chemical engineering), and have 2-5 years of experience in production and continues improvement of large scale fermentation processes.
Your know-how and experience include:
- Practical industrial experience in the following disciplines: Process biotechnology, fermentation, process control and process optimization
- Large scale production experience in aerobic fermentation is mandatory
- Experience with project teamwork in an international environment is a plus
- Fluent in English is mandatory, Danish is a plus
Besides having the above technical skills, your personal skills will include:
- Strong technical understanding and background
- Multitasker that can easily prioritize
- A problem solver that can quickly come up with solutions to complex matters
- Strong drive, coaching and communication skills
- Organisational talent and high ability to work with many different people
You will be located on DuPont Nutrition and Bioscience, Plant Grindsted. Our plant is a high technology food producing facility with +500 employees that produces a wide range of products based on biobased raw materials. The products include emulsifiers, hydrocolloids, antioxidants and enzymes and we are proud to be the world’s largest CO2 neutral emulsifier production site. We nourish a strong culture of collaboration where learning, solving and owner’s mindset are keywords.
Equal employment opportunity
Equality is one of our guiding principles. Respect for people is intrinsic to our culture and an unshakable part of our Code of Conduct. We are recognized for this by our peers, our customers, our employees and independent organizations. We therefore actively encourage applications from all diversity groups.
For further information on this position please contact Manufacturing Technology Fellow Claus Lindvald Johansen at +45 8943 5302, or Operations Manager Morten Hygum at +45 797 24400.
We do not have an application deadline on this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.