Do you want to take part in: - Building one of the biggest infrastructure construction projects in Europe, - and building the world’s longest immersed tunnel virtually between Denmark and Germany before it is constructed.
Then join us and become our new BIM Coordinator at the Project Coordination Team in the Technical Division, and get the opportunity to leave your mark on one of the biggest infrastructure construction projects in Europe; Building the world’s longest immersed tunnel between Denmark and Germany.
About Femern A/S
As project owner, Femern A/S is the company responsible for the planning, construction and operation of the world’s longest immersed tunnel, the Fehmarn-tunnel between Denmark and Germany. Femern A/S is a subsidiary company of the state-owned Sund & Bælt Group together with the Oresund Link and the Great Belt Link.
We are an organisation of very dedicated employees with Danish, German and international backgrounds and great experience from mega projects around the world. We have our main office in Copenhagen, site offices in Rødbyhavn, where you will be located, and in Burg auf Fehmarn. For further information about Femern A/S and the Fehmarnbelt project, please visit www.femern.com
Femern A/S is in a continioius process of strengthen the system support for required BIM processes. With the implementation of a collaboration BIM-platform(ThinkProject-CDE) to support the information flow between Femern A/S and the contractors, and internally between the contracts, Femern has established a strong basis for further BIM initiatives and developments.
BIM is for Femern A/S to be seen in a broader context. In your position, working alongside the BIM Managers from the various contractors and consultants, you will play a key role in ensuring that BIM models are prepared and ready for being included in the Femern review process. You will also be directly involved in the continuous development of the CAD, BIM and ICT manuals and procedures for the project.
Femern A/S has a goal to create a smooth transition of BIM models and asset data to operation and maintenance in order to create the basis for a Digital Twin. You vil be responsible for technically monitoring and reviewing that all asset objects in the BIM models is classified and added information data as per requirements.
You will become part of the Technical Division in the Technical Coordination department, whose main function is to tie all parts of the technical project together. This is done by focusing on the core tasks: support, management, monitoring and reporting - so that the project goals: Time, Finances, Quality and Safety are all achieved. You will work as an BIM technical expert to assist and support the Femern BIM Management.
Your key tasks will include:
- Monitoring and reviewing that BIM requirements are full-filled by Contractors
- Being technical BIM contact person towards Femern Contractors and consultants
- Handling any BIM technical questions coming from Femern contractors and consultants
- Reviewing BIM models submissions from the Contractors, and other BIM documentation e.g. BIM execution plans.
- Setting up BIM check schemes for the review process in collaboration with Femern Consultants
- Technical BIM support to design and construction interface handling
- Organising regular Technical BIM meetings with Femern Contractors and consultants
- Combine/utilize received BIM models for various purposes (BIM Uses)
- E.g. Clash detection, Time scheduling, Visualisations, Simulations, Quantity take-off, Etc.
- Setting up and maintaining the BIM collaboration environment in ThinkProject
- Active part in the further development of ThinkProject
You have a background as building engineer, Bachelor of Architectural Technology and Construction Management (Danish:Bygningskonstruktør) or similar and minimum 5 years practical experience as BIM Coordinator from other projects with large contracts and high complexity.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- High engineering skills within large civil works structures (large complex buildings, hospitals and/or off shore installations, Infrastructure projects etc.)
- Practical experince with classification systems e.g. Uniclass, OmniClass, CCS etc.
- Hands-on Experience and in the use of CAD/BIM authoring software and in doing technical analyzing of CAD/BIM models
- Knowledge and skills for BIM in relation to technical installation (electrical, mechanical and/or railway)
- Ability to support and educate your colleagues about the BIM processes
- Focused and require high quality in your work
- Dynamic and agile – working with more tasks simultaneously
It is important that you are well formulated in writing and orally, as good communication skills will be essential. The review and communication will mainly be in English.
What we offer
You will be part of a strong and engaged team working towards our common goal: to build a tunnel, which brings people closer together.
You will experience an organisation, which is constantly changing as the project develops, with a challenging and diverse working day. You will be working with many different colleagues across the organisation, characterised by an informal tone and an open, international atmosphere.
Your remuneration package will be according to your qualifications and you will be offered health insurance and other staff benefits.
Upload your application, CV and examination certificates using the following link no later than 1. August 2022
If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact BIM/ICT Manager, Lars Straarup on +45 33 41 63 21
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder