To assist our international consulting engineering department, we are currently looking for an intern with a general interest in the fields of environment, infrastructure and sustainable development. As an intern your role will offer you opportunities to work with and learn from experienced people who share a passion for working together with our clients to deliver technical excellence and world class consulting. Our International Department works with and for international financing institutions and multi-lateral organizations in development projects across the globe, including Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. You will be therefore joining a multidisciplinary and diverse environment keen in building a more sustainable future. We offer the chance to become our fall intern on a full-time basis for six months, starting from August 2021 to end of January 2022.
A typical week would have you:
- Assist in our international bidding and tendering processes for projects in the fields of water, wastewater, roads, environment, climate change, energy and sustainable development.
- Assist our Senior Consultants and Project Managers in the bidding and management of international projects, potentially including projects in South / South East Asia, Central Asia, West Africa and Eastern Europe.
- Conduct market research analyses and business development tasks.
- Assist in general administrative and ad hoc. tasks at a division level.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are a Master student in Development Studies, Project Management, Social Sciences, International Studies, Business Development, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Have solid interest in international consulting and sustainable development.
- Are fluent in English (oral and written C2 level). Skills and fluency in French, Portuguese or Russian will be an advantage.
If you have general working experience, we will see it as an asset. Regardless, we look specifically for candidates with a bright and structured mindset, a keen curiosity in learning and great interpersonal and language skills.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the skill set required, then we’d love to hear from you before July 1st, 2021. You may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (contact person: Raquel Alvarez) in case you have any questions regarding the position or Sweco in general.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.