Export Cable Project Specialist for HOW02 offshore wind farm
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to the export cables for the HOW02 offshore wind farm?
Join us and become Export Cable Project Specialist in the Export Cable Managers Department where you’ll be responsible for the technical side of the supply, jointing and termination works of high-voltage offshore export cables for the HOW02 project. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the offshore export cable system for the HOW02 project.
We offer you a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers and acquire an international network, as you’ll be working closely with colleagues across Europe.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for the engineering of the offshore export cable systems that connect an offshore wind farm to the transmission grid
- contribute to the management of the interfaces and internally to a multidisciplinary team involving Procurement, Legal, Engineering and Offshore Construction and external stakeholders
- contribute to the handling of contractual documents such as variation orders and claims
- assist with the management of a wide range of risks: health & safety, programme, cost, quality and compliance with specification across the contract as part of the delivery of the cable system with a main focus on the technical aspects
- identify the right level of quality required during manufacturing, installation and testing of the cables and accessories during the project execution, including responsibility for the site-specific system design, testing during manufacturing and during onsite installation activities.
Furthermore, you’ll ensure a proper design of the cable system in all aspects in relation to requirements from the project.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have experience within high-voltage cables and accessories
- have project experience from infrastructure projects
- are a good communicator and speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Moreover, you have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Finally, it’s an advantage if you’re familiar with submarine cables standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - and FIDIC.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 16 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cable Managers department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.