Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to export cables for US offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Export Cable Manager in Export Cables where you’ll be responsible for the supply, jointing and termination works of high-voltage export cables for our USA projects. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to the export cable systems for offshore wind farms. We offer you a unique opportunity to learn directly from a team of very experienced engineers and acquire an international network, as you’ll be working closely with colleagues across Europe and in the USA.
Your key tasks will be to
- give technical support to the offshore wind farms in the early development phases
- manage the design, manufacturing and testing - quality assurance - of cable products and related accessories
- ensure that the export cable supply and jointing and termination package is on time, of the correct quality, within scope and budget
- monitor and report on project progress, manage risks and resolve issues as well as coordinate with contractors and construction teams to meet project deadlines
- manage changes in scope, schedule and costs and negotiate with internal stakeholders and contractors on how to progress.
Furthermore, you’ll manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- have some years of experience within high-voltage cables and accessories
- have project management experience from infrastructure projects
- are a good communicator and speak and write English fluently
- have an international mindset.
Moreover, you thrive in an international environment, can create good relationships with your stakeholders and have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to solve challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation. Finally, it’s an advantage if you have experience with installation of high-voltage cables, experience with energy transmission projects in the USA, hold a project management certification (PMP or similar), are familiar with high-voltage cable standards - CIGRE, IEC, ICEA - and have experience working with FIDIC based contracts.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 19 November 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Ahrenkiel Vilhelmsen, Manager of the Export Cables department, by telephone on +45 3092 3030 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our international offices and sites in the USA in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.